By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Mods have been banned before for poor conduct and they might well be banned again.

Who and when?

Looking at the mod history for some of the older mods, they've been banned whilst being a moderator. 

Also I'll reply to your post in more detail Shinobi, but it's gone midnight here and don't think I've the energy to do it!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Mods have been banned before for poor conduct and they might well be banned again.

Who and when?

Looking at the mod history for some of the older mods, they've been banned whilst being a moderator. 

Also I'll reply to your post in more detail Shinobi, but it's gone midnight here and don't think I've the energy to do it!

No worries its 2am here and im off to bed so i probably wouldnt have even read the reply until morning XD

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi, will point out this little nugger "the loss of momentum of X1 sales from hour to hour as ridiculous as that sounds its perfectly in line with Seece's thread that he created"

Difference is with my thread, I wasn't coming to any conclusions like "XB1 is destroying PS4" I simply stated the facts.

Kitler had no idea if the XB1 price cut was failing (we still have no idea how it's doing other than lifting sales) just because it was dropping on Amazon charts.

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Just to be clear, I don't mean joke bans.

Yes. I know that!

Guess the key is that moderators are in no way immune from the ruleset; and that if a mod is caught flaming or trolling then they're just as liable to a ban as anyone else. Naturally, being selected as a mod means you're less likely to do that as you've not shown such behaviour in the past, but ah well.

Also I know that isn't the most recent example. There are more but they seem to be warnings; or I can't remember the names. But it should suggest that moderators do indeed get moderated. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The mod team is made up of users with clean, pristine mod histories. There is no chance that any of us realistically are even capable of flaming someone, let alone trolling.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
The mod team is made up of users with clean, pristine mod histories. There is no chance that any of us realistically are even capable of flaming someone, let alone trolling.

You're being far to kind to maxwell here.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

You're being far to kind to maxwell here.

I am pretty sure that he wasn't refering to Maxwell.

I've almost caught up to Carl when it comes to mod history.

How many are you at?

RolStoppable said:

I am pretty sure that he wasn't refering to Maxwell.

I've almost caught up to Carl when it comes to mod history.

You are about 9 behind.

If you keep up your 2014 form, you shall pass me by December 2015. It will be like the Wii U finally catching up to the Vita.

RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:

You are about 9 behind.

If you keep up your 2014 form, you shall pass me by December 2015. It will be like the Wii U finally catching up to the Vita.

Don't you mean "if the mods keep up their 2014 form"? Really petty moderations this year.

A testament to how unbias the mods are given 2014 is the year we got an influx of Nintendo fans as mods.

Hats off to you mod team!

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

A testament to how unbias the mods are given 2014 is the year we got an influx of Nintendo fans as mods.

Hats off to you mod team!

Unbiased, right...

DateModeratorTypeReasonOutcomePostId
10/14/14 01:24 Carl2291 Warning Other (The phrase is "half decent", not "decent half". This is what you get for being mean to another user.)   6746461
08/28/14 23:08 Smeags Ban Flaming (Aw, thanks for the belated birthday present Rol. After all this time, I finally get to have an official ban!(Don't call anyone names, least of all "idiot"). Hasta luego.) Banned 3 days 6625728
06/29/14 21:06 Conegamer   (Mod note: Disregard previous ban. He was quoting himself it seems. Whoops!)  
06/29/14 20:55 Conegamer Ban Flaming (No, Rol. Don't call other users an idiot. If this was a joke make it clearer, because this is straight up breaking the rules and you know that.) Banned 3 days 6462519
05/24/14 04:14 starcraft Warning Flaming (Admitting to flamebaiting makes moderator jobs easier!)   6337265
04/17/14 14:30 TruckOSaurus Ban Flaming (Calling someone a fool is against the rules.) Banned 1 days 6232981
04/08/14 13:56 Conegamer Warning Flaming ("Why don't you jump off a bridge"? No need to be so aggressive, and your post adds nothing to the discussion either.)   6212497
04/01/14 15:40 ConeGamers_Dog Ban Trolling (*gobbles up the goodies* Bark bark woof! *knows now what he must do*) Banned 1 days 6197087

From top to bottom:

1. Warning: Got trolled in the mod note.
2. Ban: Got mocked in the mod note.
3. Ban: Got scolded like a little kid.
4. Warning: Got mocked again.
5. Ban: A professional mod note for once, although the moderation itself is iffy.
6. Warning: I replied to someone who likes EA games, so that wasn't being aggressive, that was common sense.
7. Ban: Bark bark woof.

In summary, the mods are blatantly biased. They have it in for me.

Are you being condescending to them? That's about where half of my 2014 moderations have come from.