By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

gergroy said:
Mr Khan said:
man-bear-pig said:
ctrlALTdelete said:
todd2r did not deserve his ban.

Agreed. 5 days for someone with a clean record (?) is ridiculous aswell

todd2r has, so far, been a public nuisance, mostly because it's impossible to tell where he stands. First he seemed an honest but earnest X1 fan, then he seemed like an obvious shill, then he seemed to mock himself as if he were just trolling this whole time. This is confusing, and leads to confusion among the community.

He has five days, then, to resolve his identity. Fan, employee, or troll?

Is that really your reasoning for banning him 5 days?  He was confusing you???  Does it really matter what his identity is?? Shouldnt a ban be based off a specific misbehavior and not because you were confused about his identity?

Mod History for todd2r

DateModeratorTypeReasonOutcomePostId
11/03/14 17:59 Mr Khan Ban Trolling (You're going to have to clarify where you stand here, if you're getting paid to do this, get out with it, if you're honest in your convictions, tone language back a bit. If you're just trolling, go further over the line so we know it's just jokes. In the middle, though, you're making folks uncomfortable and creating distractions.) Banned 5 days 6803561
10/30/14 22:58 Conegamer Ban Spamming (You've got to stop posting the exact same post in every single thread, you know. It's just spam and it sounds like you're just promoting the XOne. Thank you todd2r. We are humbled.) Banned 3 days 6791708
10/30/14 15:45 Mr Khan Ban Trolling (Negative implications about non-MS competitors. I don't quite know what your deal is, but your entire posting style comes off as phony.) Banned 1 days 6791734
10/27/14 13:56 Mr Khan Warning Trolling (Claiming PS4 owners are "hypnotized.") 6780899
10/08/14 23:17 Conegamer Ban Flaming (Needlessly dragging PSN into the thread isn't a good idea. Check over the forum rules again, because three moderations in 80 posts isn't a good start.) Banned 1 days 6735069
09/29/14 16:48 Carl2291 Warning Flaming (Pushing it a little over the edge with your "sony honks" comment. Please don't resort to insults and try keep the console wars out of an okay sales discussion!) 6711463
09/05/14 14:36 TruckOSaurus Warning Flaming (Please don't use the term console warrior to describe fellow users.) 6649170

A very mixed setup, then suddenly he comes out like he's just been playing us the whole time or something.

Either way, this history was accumulated in under 2 months, so something's clearly up.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Seeing his ban history, yeah... that seems fair.

Yeah, a lot of these things make more sense when you see the mod history for the user. Jumping to 5 days would have been very very harsh indeed!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I want us to start using 90 day bans.

Just because we can.

Mr Khan said:
gergroy said:

Is that really your reasoning for banning him 5 days?  He was confusing you???  Does it really matter what his identity is?? Shouldnt a ban be based off a specific misbehavior and not because you were confused about his identity?

Mod History for todd2r

DateModeratorTypeReasonOutcomePostId
11/03/14 17:59 Mr Khan Ban Trolling (You're going to have to clarify where you stand here, if you're getting paid to do this, get out with it, if you're honest in your convictions, tone language back a bit. If you're just trolling, go further over the line so we know it's just jokes. In the middle, though, you're making folks uncomfortable and creating distractions.) Banned 5 days 6803561
10/30/14 22:58 Conegamer Ban Spamming (You've got to stop posting the exact same post in every single thread, you know. It's just spam and it sounds like you're just promoting the XOne. Thank you todd2r. We are humbled.) Banned 3 days 6791708
10/30/14 15:45 Mr Khan Ban Trolling (Negative implications about non-MS competitors. I don't quite know what your deal is, but your entire posting style comes off as phony.) Banned 1 days 6791734
10/27/14 13:56 Mr Khan Warning Trolling (Claiming PS4 owners are "hypnotized.")   6780899
10/08/14 23:17 Conegamer Ban Flaming (Needlessly dragging PSN into the thread isn't a good idea. Check over the forum rules again, because three moderations in 80 posts isn't a good start.) Banned 1 days 6735069
09/29/14 16:48 Carl2291 Warning Flaming (Pushing it a little over the edge with your "sony honks" comment. Please don't resort to insults and try keep the console wars out of an okay sales discussion!)   6711463
09/05/14 14:36 TruckOSaurus Warning Flaming (Please don't use the term console warrior to describe fellow users.)   6649170

A very mixed setup, then suddenly he comes out like he's just been playing us the whole time or something.

Either way, this history was accumulated in under 2 months, so something's clearly up.

Im certainly not disputing the ban, I think it is perfectly justified.  I just think your reasoning for banning him is weird.  If he is trolling, just say he was banned for trolling. 

Why exactly is it 2/3 stickied threads are Nintendo ... why not XB1 Gamerscore league/Playstation Trophy league?

Around the Network
Seece said:
Why exactly is it 2/3 stickied threads are Nintendo ... why not XB1 Gamerscore league/Playstation Trophy league?

Why did your XB1 undertracked thread get locked? It has no mod reasoning in the posts.

jlmurph2 said:
Seece said:

Why did your XB1 undertracked thread get locked? It has no mod reasoning in the posts.

Think it was Smeags (only mod on at the time?) not overly bothered, I guess he thinks it was unneccsary. Considering all the hoopla about it at the time I thought it was an interesting point of discussion personally.

Seece said:
jlmurph2 said:
Seece said:

Think it was Smeags (only mod on at the time?) not overly bothered, I guess he thinks it was unneccsary. Considering all the hoopla about it at the time I thought it was an interesting point of discussion personally.

None of the mods lock threads without an explanation. The stealth locker is most probably ioi.

Signature goes here!

i'm so glad i don't care as much as i justed to do, but this is hilarious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Seece said:
jlmurph2 said:
Seece said:

Unlikely. Thread questioning the sales of the site, no mod note...I'm 99% sure that your "mystery locker" is ioi who couldn't be bothered to post a ban note and decided to just sweep the problem under the rug.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.