By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

ps4tw said:
Second and last attempt before I make the thread - is gamersgate a forbidden topic in this forum or not?

There have been threads made in the past. So long as it's done well and doesn't deteriorate then I see no issues with it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
ps4tw said:
Second and last attempt before I make the thread - is gamersgate a forbidden topic in this forum or not?

There have been threads made in the past. So long as it's done well and doesn't deteriorate then I see no issues with it.

Awesome, good to hear. 

MoHasanie said:
Smeags said:
MoHasanie said:

If the mods wanna make this place more appropriate for kids and people at work, then why are threads like this allowed to be in the gaming discussion and on the hot topics page:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197392&page=1

Its a thread about sex in a game, and that isn't exactly suitable for some of the younger users to read about. And besides, there is a NSFW section on this forum too and many users discuss adult related stuff in lots of threads.  So clearly this place isn't meant for kids so I don't get what you want to achieve by changing member's user names.

Please take note of the warning I've put in place.

But from what I see, the thread doesn't break any Work-Safe rules. Thanks for bringing it up though.

My point is that you are attempting to make this place safer for kids but that's silly since there are many adult related threads, posts, pictures and gifs on peoples walls etc.. So if that's one of your reasons for changing user names then it doesn't make sense to  allow those types of comments but not allow inappropriate user names. 

Here's the stance on why we try and make gamrConnect as accessable as possible from the outside. I think it's pretty clear.

And this is the third time I'm asking you to stop. Stop.

Smeags said:

Here's the stance on why we try and make gamrConnect as accessable as possible from the outside. I think it's pretty clear.

And this is the third time I'm asking you to stop. Stop.

I will not stop. I'm no longer referring to Jizz anymore but I'm questioning the rule itself. This is a thread to question the mod team and I think your answer is unsatisfactory. 

You want to maintain a 'professional setting' but this is a video gaming forum. Do you also want people to stop posting funny gifs and pictures? 

Why is Kirby's Sig allowed but not an inappropriate user name? His Sig is clearly not very professional and could offend some female users. 

There are flaws in your rules and the reasons used to justify them are not good enough. 

- M, Carl

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

I will not stop. I'm no longer referring to Jizz anymore but I'm questioning the rule itself. This is a thread to question the mod team and I think your answer is unsatisfactory. 

You want to maintain a 'professional setting' but this is a video gaming forum. Do you also want people to stop posting funny gifs and pictures? 

Why is Kirby's Sig allowed but not an inappropriate user name? His Sig is clearly not very professional and could offend some female users. 

There are flaws in your rules and the reasons used to justify them are not good enough. 

- M, Carl

You really should just stop. Most of us on here have realized there is zero reason for this thread to even exist 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

You really should just stop. Most of us on here have realized there is zero reason for this thread to even exist 

Come on Rainy, don't be so harsh. The mods do listen, they've shown that in the past. Just give it a few days and see what happens.

Banning someone over criticism in the right thread is not the right way to show that you are listening.

This is getting ridiculous. The rule itself is already stupid, but the behaviour around it takes it to the next level.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

thy jizz will be thy reunited with thy name
hopefully
#supportjizz

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Ka-pi96 said:

Come on Rainy, don't be so harsh. The mods do listen, they've shown that in the past. Just give it a few days and see what happens.

That wasn't harsh. I was very harsh earlier today and as I said, I apologize. However, this thread really is pretty pointless. The mods normally just go "we hear you", give a political answer, and then ignore the issue. 

I'm not changing my mind about this in particular. Mo was discussing something in the mod thread about mod issues. He was told to stop posting about mods in the mod thread...sounds stupid, no?

axumblade said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
thy jizz will be thy reunited with thy name
hopefully
#supportjizz

Not sure if you got the memo so I'm not going to moderate it but the "#supportjizz" is being treated as spam. Please refrain from it. 

oh

sorry

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Honestly the whole topic is a little dumb in my opinion but you shouldnt have banned Mo. This thread is for criticism and nothing he said was over the line. He was expressing what he had issues with in the mod thread. Whether you asked him to stop or not, he very clearly stated it had nothing to do with the whole Jizz subject