By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... How Much Will SSB for WiiU and 3DS Sell Worldwide by end of the Year? (seperate answers pls)

Smash 3DS: 5.2m
Smash WiiU:2.6m

So yeah, that's half of the 3DS version. The 3DS version here has the advantage of a couple months and will have a bigger start because of the user base difference. I do still believe however, that when all is said and done, the WiiU version will beat the 3DS version in lifetime-sales. At least statistically tie it. A bonus prediction: Mario Kart 8's sales are going to double this holiday .

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Smash 3DS: 5.2m
Smash WiiU:2.6m

So yeah, that's half of the 3DS version. The 3DS version here has the advantage of a couple months and will have a bigger start because of the user base difference. I do still believe however, that when all is said and done, the WiiU version will beat the 3DS version in lifetime-sales. At least statistically tie it. A bonus prediction: Mario Kart 8's sales are going to double this holiday .

this I could see mario kart 8 close to 4 million by the end of the holidays

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

3DS 6 million

Wii U 2 million

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

tbone51 said:
Cream147 said:
People are quite optimistic about Smash Bros Wii U. MK8 has sold 2.7 million up to now according to VGChartz (admittedly doesn't count digital but are we actually counting digital in our predictions?) and that game has been out for months. Obviously it's the holiday season, but still.

3DS: 5 million
Wii U: 2 million max

i think SSBU in the US alone will get close to that 2mil by years end 1.7mil-1.9mil is my guess

Mario kart 8 didn't do those numbers so why would smash be able to

Qwark said:
tbone51 said:
Cream147 said:
People are quite optimistic about Smash Bros Wii U. MK8 has sold 2.7 million up to now according to VGChartz (admittedly doesn't count digital but are we actually counting digital in our predictions?) and that game has been out for months. Obviously it's the holiday season, but still.

i think SSBU in the US alone will get close to that 2mil by years end 1.7mil-1.9mil is my guess

MK8 did 1.2mil in US from Release intill Sept. Its going to be over 2.5mil at years end herein the US. SSBU will move many consoles and sell very well in the US due to being release in the holiday.

Whats your guess on US sales by years end? You said 2mil WW so im guessing 800k-900k right?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Qwark said:
tbone51 said:
Cream147 said:

MK8 did 1.2mil in US from Release intill Sept. Its going to be over 2.5mil at years end herein the US. SSBU will move many consoles and sell very well in the US due to being release in the holiday.

Whats your guess on US sales by years end? You said 2mil WW so im guessing 800k-900k right?

900 k US, (pretty far away from 1.7 million)
700k euro,
400k Japan.
Doesn't say I don't want to see the game sell better, but due to the succes of smash 3ds I think more than a few people will not buy a Wii U for smash bros.Let us not forget how 3d world performed last year I see smash not able to perform much better unless nintendo grows a brain and sells a bundle with mk8 and smash U, if they do that I see 4million being possible or a sort a crosbuy function in the eshop for people who've already bought smash 3ds to be able to buy smash U for like 35 euro's/dollars in the e-shop, should boost sales in Japan for sure.

Qwark said:
tbone51 said:
Qwark said:

900 k US, (pretty far away from 1.7 million)
700k euro,
400k Japan.
Doesn't say I don't want to see the game sell better, but due to the succes of smash 3ds I think more than a few people will not buy a Wii U for smash bros.Let us not forget how 3d world performed last year I see smash not able to perform much better unless nintendo grows a brain and sells a bundle with mk8 and smash U, if they do that I see 4million being possible or a sort a crosbuy function in the eshop for people who've already bought smash 3ds to be able to buy smash U for like 35 euro's/dollars in the e-shop, should boost sales in Japan for sure.

You dont have to worry, SSBU >>> SM3DW in sales. I really believe US first Week sales will be over 600k, that should help you see that im right :P

Seriously though, i hope it does well, i think it'll do much better especially in US than what most people think. Well lets hope right? :)

SSB 3DS is over 3mil now, i think 5mil is a lock for years end