By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Boycott PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity #BoycottACUnityPS4

I'm with you.

I won't buy this one due to the principle of dumbing down, when even the slightest effort would seem to be an improvement.

Around the Network

I'll boycott the game al right

(I have a Wii U ^^)

ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Doesn´t it ever cross your mind that they tried to reach 1080p on the PS4 and were aiming for 900p on the XOne but they had problems with the CPU or other resources bottlenecks?

They couldn´t reach 1080p with Watchdogs and it´s the same engine.

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," senior producer Vincent Pontbriand.

Sorry but thre is nothing about couldn't reach 1080p lol

And since when have you started beliving everything PR representatives say about their game technical performance/decision?

IIRC you always blamed Crytek Ryse´s 900p on the XOne hardware, and basicaly every other not 1080p XOne game (even exclusives) fault was Microsoft´s. 

So why PS4 would be imune to development problems?

As I´ve been saying, most people can´t see the difference from 1080p to 900p and PS4 games would benefit if they dedicate more resources in IQ over pixel counting.

Dark_Feanor said:

And since when have you started beliving everything PR representatives say about their game technical performance/decision?

IIRC you always blamed Crytek Ryse´s 900p on the XOne hardware, and basicaly every other not 1080p XOne game (even exclusives) fault was Microsoft´s.

So why PS4 would be imune to development problems?

As I´ve been saying, most people can´t see the difference from 1080p to 900p and PS4 games would benefit if they dedicate more resources in IQ over pixel counting.

You can't be that blind

- They said for everybody knows they are holding the PS4 version to avoid debate.
- Most people see the difference between 1080p and 900p (some fans didn't says it is different).

This is why it amuses me when people say competition is good for the industry. If you want this industry to grow and offer next generation experiences from 3rd party developers, buy a PS4. Grow that gap and make it impossible for MS to finance future parity.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Even if you don't have a gaming PC and don't play much 1080p games, play Destiny PS4 for awhile (although this game sucks) then play Watch Dogs PS4. There is a noticeable difference between 1080p and 900p. It's not subtle.

The only AC game I didn't like was AC2 which weirdly enough seems to the one that is loved by everyone. I'll either get this used or just outright skip it not sure which I'll do yet.

Thank god for gamespot and used games!!

If this is true then a major fuck you ubisoft. And if ms had anything to do with this then fuck them too.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I get that a lot of people care strongly about resolution and framerate -- far more than they did two years ago, when I joined -- but to me this is a non-issue. In fact, I see it as a positive thing. I wish more developers worked according to their means, and didn't overextend to produce state-of-the-art graphics, lighting, particle effects, and textures, all things that are, in the end, window dressing. Many of the developers and publishers who went belly-up last generation might have survived had they worked according to more sustainable business models, avoiding all the pitfalls of so-called "AAA" development.

Now, should Ubisoft be given a free pass for the way in which it announced this news? Absolutely not. The reasoning, "to avoid controversy," is laughable. I would prefer Ubisoft said it was doing it this way because higher resolution and framerate would take more time and resources and wouldn't improve the game in a significant way.

I agree with everything including the bolded.  THe problem is that even if they had said that, people would be saying the same thing in these threads.  

The bar has been set, if a game is not 1080p on the PS4, it has to have some type of advantage over the XB1 version or there is a mass conspiracy in the works.

It is near the end of the end....