By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Boycott PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity #BoycottACUnityPS4

Well this is an easy fix.

Want 1080p? We got DLC for that!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Well this is an easy fix.

Want 1080p? We got DLC for that!

LMAO!  If they say that it is DEFINITELY gonna be klobberin time.  thumbtack barrage

I get that a lot of people care strongly about resolution and framerate -- far more than they did two years ago, when I joined -- but to me this is a non-issue. In fact, I see it as a positive thing. I wish more developers worked according to their means, and didn't overextend to produce state-of-the-art graphics, lighting, particle effects, and textures, all things that are, in the end, window dressing. Many of the developers and publishers who went belly-up last generation might have survived had they worked according to more sustainable business models, avoiding all the pitfalls of so-called "AAA" development.

Now, should Ubisoft be given a free pass for the way in which it announced this news? Absolutely not. The reasoning, "to avoid controversy," is laughable. I would prefer Ubisoft said it was doing it this way because higher resolution and framerate would take more time and resources and wouldn't improve the game in a significant way.

I'm still getting it.

Fusioncode said:
RolStoppable said:
I'll support your cause and will buy the game for Xbox One now.

How are you going to play it without an XBO?

Rol secretly owns a Xbox One.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Well, i was in the fance aswell, but now i wont be buying this for sure.

This practice must be shunned at with alot of prejudice. I wont buy any game that is purposely beeing scaled back just for parity with the rival system. That is ridiculous.

Assuming this is true that is. Not that i want to doubt but i didnt see a source.

We should also get a last gen, Ouya, Fire TV and Wii U version of the game all running on the same technical parameters. 600p, 30 FPS locked - same for X1 and PS4. Then see if this "well the resolution doesn't matter soo..." crowd is still around.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

bevochan said:

This game is locked at 900p 30 fps "to avoid all the debates and stuff" per senior Ubisoft producer. 

I was on the fence on getting this game, but now I'm not buying this.  The PS4 doesn't compare to a high end gaming PC, but even Grand Theft Auto 5 (I think) is running at least at 1080p and GTA5 open-world is definitely more taxing than AC open world.

Now you understand how Nintendo gamers feel.

Congratulations.

Pavolink said:
Now you can be a Wii U owner. We boycott every game.

Made me laugh.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

bevochan said:

This game is locked at 900p 30 fps "to avoid all the debates and stuff" per senior Ubisoft producer. 

I was on the fence on getting this game, but now I'm not buying this.  The PS4 doesn't compare to a high end gaming PC, but even Grand Theft Auto 5 (I think) is running at least at 1080p and GTA5 open-world is definitely more taxing than AC open world.

That's silly if true.  More reasons for me to skip this downgrade from AC4.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]