By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Workforce Is 70 Percent Male, 60 Percent White, 29 Percent Asian; Only 5 percent Hispanic and 3.5 Percent Black

I think lack of women is an important thing, considering MS are trying to move into the mobile space. Women are a lucrative market that Apple have a complete hold on.

Windows 10 is not pretty in comparison to OS X and WP is not as pretty as iOS. I know this sounds sexist, but it's true from a marketing point. MS will need to be more diverse in order to understand what appeals to a more diverse range of people

Around the Network

I'm surprised the trolls on Gamespot haven't eaten this up.

I don't see how this could be a big deal.

alrightiwill said:
I think lack of women is an important thing, considering MS are trying to move into the mobile space. Women are a lucrative market that Apple have a complete hold on.

Windows 10 is not pretty in comparison to OS X and WP is not as pretty as iOS. I know this sounds sexist, but it's true from a marketing point. MS will need to be more diverse in order to understand what appeals to a more diverse range of people

But its a tech company.. there aren't just as many women in the tech sector as men.. its even above the female average in the tech sector.. Apple has a 70% - 30% split.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Riiight. Good to know I guess.

In my company, the IT office is filled with 15 white British males. No quotas being filled here.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I am against his diversity crap thing, i believe the most qualified candidate should be hired regardless, of gender, color, religion,...........

Goatseye said:
Mistershine said:
Seece said:
Love to see their LGBT ratios too, they're very gay friendly.

Why should a company have to be gay friendly? Surely the should be gay indifferent? The same as they shoud be colour/race/sex indifferent and always hire the best person for the job regardless.

That would be great in a perfect world. People didn't pull out some of these policies out of their butt, a lot of companies still/used to discriminate against non-white/gay/handicaped.

I find it so weird the three things that you put together there... it appears as tho you are saying neither of the 3 of them could prevent you from doing certain jobs or that being Gay or non-white is equatable to a handicap be it physical or mental.

I'm 100% with Mr shine on this one tho, there shouldn't be policys in place to give someone a job who is under qualified just because they finish off the rainbow jigsaw that makes the office PC, should never happen. The fact that someone went through the MS offices with a clip board ticking off everyone if they were black or white almost is more worrying to me... what about mixed race? did they hold up a paint tone chart next to their skin to see which end they were closer to? must have felt great being counted like that...

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nintendo

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/csr/en/report2014/07/index.html#diversity

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

In other news, 5.4% of registered nurses are men.

People should be evaluated by their competence for the required job, not their skin color/gender/sexual orientation.

That PC quotas crap really needs to stop.

Not that many black and hispanic people go into computer science, information technology, etc. Hence, not that many black and hispanic people working at Microsoft.

Move along, nothing to see here