By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this it for WiiU in 2015?? Already bigger than 2014??

curl-6 said:
fleischr said:

And also the Diddy Kong Racing rumor.

I still hope for Nintendo's sake that one's unfounded.

If it's Monster games and not Retro, and the gameplay was sufficiently different from MK8, I'd be happy with it

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

By that list no. They would have to pull a Mario Galaxy 3 in 2015 to compete with 2014.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I have a good feeling we'll end up seeing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the Wii U as well - despite what Capcom may have already said about that

fleischr said:
curl-6 said:
fleischr said:

And also the Diddy Kong Racing rumor.

I still hope for Nintendo's sake that one's unfounded.

If it's Monster games and not Retro, and the gameplay was sufficiently different from MK8, I'd be happy with it

If it was by Monster, yeah, that'd be fine. Making Retro do it would be absolutely criminal.

Seece said:
Toad has been delayed for 2015 WW as well has it not? (Or is that still rumour)?

Lets be realistic here though, what are the chances Starfox will make 2015, given how many WiiU games have been delayed later in the year into the following (DK, Toad in Europe at least, Pikmin?)

It's unconfirmed, but two retailers have listed for March, so I'm pretty sure the delay is real.

And I would not be at all surprised if Starfox is pushed back to 2016.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Toad has been delayed for 2015 WW as well has it not? (Or is that still rumour)?

Lets be realistic here though, what are the chances Starfox will make 2015, given how many WiiU games have been delayed later in the year into the following (DK, Toad in Europe at least, Pikmin?)

Toad was given a release window of January 2015 in Europe, but still listed "Holiday 2014" for other regions. Treehouse still chatted it up as "holiday 2014" as well, but who should care what they say.

I think many assumed Toad would arrive in November -- but I always pegged it as a December release, so it wouldn't directly compete with Sonic Boom.

I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it.

From the Ninty twitter.

Note they consider Project Giant Robot and Project Guard as full retail/major releases.

Personally, the only Giant Robot I'm interested in is this guy in the back

MK8 and Smash will be the biggest games for the wii u and Bayonetta 2 looks like it might be great, but for me 2015 looks far far more interesting. Captain toad also being a 2015 game for me.

2014 was hampered by such a big drought.

fleischr said:

If the last three games on that list all actually come out in 2015 I'll eat my hat.

I'm expecting some delays for some of those 2015 games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54