By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Boss Battle of All-Time

VXIII said:
the_dengle said:

summons are for scrubs

Definetly this.

Smough and Ornstein... The most epic battle I have expecienced, much better without summons.

And which game are those two from?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
VXIII said:
the_dengle said:

summons are for scrubs

Definetly this.

Smough and Ornstein... The most epic battle I have expecienced, much better without summons.

Dark Souls.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_p5OPfHcVw

VXIII said:
brute said:
VXIII said:
the_dengle said:

summons are for scrubs

Definetly this.

Dark Souls.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_p5OPfHcVw

Oh, cool. I haven't played any soul game yet but I would love to, currently have a backlog though.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

GOW Series: Hydra King, Kraken, Basilisk, Poseidon, Erinys and Alecto

MGS Series: Chrysalis

The last boss in Ace Attorney Investigations 2. It was epic.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:

Chrysalis Custom with the BDU naked torso, that really was a challenge. The railgun was a one-hit kill.

Mr_No said:
GTAexpert said:

Chrysalis Custom with the BDU naked torso, that really was a challenge. The railgun was a one-hit kill.

Never tried it that way, I fought it with the normal outfit, but it was still very tough. I would have chosen Peace Walker if it wasnt for that cheap second battle. Haven't been able to beat it despite many attempts.

GTAexpert said:
Mr_No said:

Never tried it that way, I fought it with the normal outfit, but it was still very tough. I would have chosen Peace Walker if it wasnt for that cheap second battle. Haven't been able to beat it despite many attempts.

You need to level up your weapons or get more powerful ones. It's pretty hard at first, believe me. Or better yet, do it Co-op. There might be people around with enough firepower to beat it.

drake_tolu said:

This guy right here!! Father Balder. Most epic boss fight (that comes to mind). Your attacks seemingly do nothing, he just casually brushes them aside while combing his hair! The battle is fought on chunks of falling buildings, he controls a satellite laser to attack you AND then summons it to crash from the sky. All the while a damn awesome song plays.

And he doesnt even lose! Sort of....

Actually, most Platinum Games have epic boss fights.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Grandia 2 when you fight your brother is one of my favs.
http://lparchive.org/Grandia-II/Update%2046/
"Dance with me, brother!"