By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New wii ware launch title announced, "Defend Your Castle" for 500 points..

Personally I think it looks like a good time, especially for 500 points. 4 player local FTW! And cool art style too. 

From IGN 

http://wii.ign.com/articles/855/855932p1.html

February 29, 2008 - XGen Studios announced this week that it is prepping a new version of its classic title Defend Your Castle for Nintendo's WiiWare service. The title, which will cost 500 Wii Points, will be available on May 12 with the launch of WiiWare. Here are first details and screens courtesy of the company.

"The Barbarian hordes have amassed their forces once again to challenge your domain. Will you and your court rise to the challenge, or stand aside as the invaders raze your Castle to the ground?"

Features at a glance:

• Four-player jump-in cooperative gameplay - Defend your Castle with up to three pals!
  • Compete with your friends for kingship - Get crowned for dominating other players and earn the right to manage the Kingdom!
  • Completely new visuals and animation
  • Enhanced physics & particle effects
  • Repel even faster and more massive waves of invaders
  • Not a port of the original - Defend Your Castle has been re-created from the ground up to utilize the unique capabilities of the Nintendo Wii and Wii Remote
  • Unlimited levels - Continue to grow the strength of your Kingdom indefinitely
  • Play on your big screen TV, from your couch!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I can't wit till wii ware is up.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

more screens

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

^Thanks, Looks pretty cool,

Now I just want another Cool Spot

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Wow i use to play this game at school alot . You can play the flash version here its still fun . http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/castle

Around the Network

God that looks fun. Gotta love the Pepsi cap monster thing, and the use of popsicle sticks as weapons.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

I remember playing this on newgrounds as a flash game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

love the style

Lies. The Wii can't handle "Enhanced physics & particle effects" and "Completely new visuals and animation ". It's simply not on the hardware.

On a more serious note, I love all this WiiWare stuff that has been coming lately. Nintendo is really supporting small developers and new ideas. I will get this one.

I can't tell what the hell is going on with those pic's, but if that's the style then kudo's xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.