By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2 (XBO) (FW Sales) - Results In!

Which Will Sell More

DriveClub > Forza Horizon 2 332 49.92%

Forza Horizon 2 > DriveClub 187 28.12%

Nearly Dead Even 40 6.02%

See Results 104 15.64%

Total:663
true_fan said:
Protendo said:
Forza Horizon 2 hasn't done that well. Considering how it never got close to topping the charts on Amazon, I think Drive Club should perform better. This includes the topics discussed that would generally hold it back.

Why would I buy my game on Amazon, when i could either 1)preload it or 2)pick it up from many stores at midnight. Also the best preorder bonuses came from other retailers.

PS Forza Horizon should be excluded from being compared to Driveclub, it's a lose-lose everytime because the built in excuses are already there, it's a new ip, it has a free version, Forza is established........

To both of you guys, I think looking at Amazon will give a poor conclusion becasue rememebr the USA isn't that big on racing titles.  Amazon UK has FH2 in the top 10 and Driveclub in the top 20.  

To true_fan, your response sounds more subjective than fact tbecause SoM and NBA2k15 are both on Xbox One and are both selling very well on Amazon currently. 

Around the Network

FH2 because a much larger proportion of people will download DC, like me I'm getting the free PS+ version. If not for that then I don't think I'd be getting DC at all. I like driving games, but I don't buy many. I didn't buy any driving games during the 7th gen, apart from MNR which is a completely different class of game really.

Now if the question was how big will the user base be that would be more interesting.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

@true_fan If you would prefer the gamestop best seller list, Forza Horizon 2 isn't mentioned.

For the interest of showing what's hot selling right now :

Amazon games (with systems in half-spots so as to show how many are selling compared to the top 10 pieces of gaming software)

#1 Smash 3DS
#2 Shadow of Mordor PS4
#3 NBA 2K15 PS4
#3.5A PS4 Bare Console (wow)
#3.5B PS4 Destiny Bundle (wow)
#4 Hyrule Warriors WiiU
#5 Shadow of Mordor X1
#6 NBA 2K15 X1
#7 Fifa 15 PS4
#7.5 SSB WiiU (wow!)
#8 NBA 2K15 X360
#8.5 Xbox One Bare Console
#9 Pokemon Sapphire 3DS
#10 Destiny X360

And waaaaay off in #45th is Forza Horizon 2, dropping fast.

So, in other words more people are buying Xbox One consoles right now than Pokemon on 3DS or Destiny for 360, and a LOT more people are buying actual X1 consoles than are buying FH2 copies. That tells us that FH2 fell off HARD, and that kind of drop almost always means even the release day sales weren't that hot.

And PS4, holy crap. People are buying more individual PS4 skus than anything short of the top three games. More Destiny PS4 BUNDLES are being sold than copies of Destiny on any system, or the new Hyrule Warriors.

And speaking of WiiU, that's the best position it's been at for a long time, it's ahead of X1 on the charts right now!

Protendo said:
@true_fan If you would prefer the gamespot best seller list, Forza Horizon 2 isn't mentioned.

I am trying to locate the article, can you paste it?

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Protendo said:
@true_fan If you would prefer the gamespot best seller list, Forza Horizon 2 isn't mentioned.

I am trying to locate the article, can you paste it?

Just go to their site.  I also meant gamestop the retailer.

Driveclub will sell mostly digitally because of the PS Plus version and that discounted upgrade.

binary solo said:
FH2 because a much larger proportion of people will download DC, like me I'm getting the free PS+ version. If not for that then I don't think I'd be getting DC at all. I like driving games, but I don't buy many. I didn't buy any driving games during the 7th gen, apart from MNR which is a completely different class of game really.

Now if the question was how big will the user base be that would be more interesting.

Do you mean lifetime totals?  if so I think that is a great question.  I will add it to the OP

I'm guessing forza will sell better and be rated slightly higher.

CosmicSex said:
binary solo said:

Do you mean lifetime totals?  if so I think that is a great question.  I will add it to the OP

No, he means how many people will be playing each as time goes on, as they are social/online oriented titles. Hopefully we get player counts for each at some point.

DC has a virtual certainty of having more people play it if you include the PS+ version, but that's cheating. But even with retail+digital sales, I think the install base of PS4 + popularity of racing in EU will mean more people will play the full DC game globally than FH2, by a lot.

In the US, retail sales for FH2 should prevail I would think.