By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:
if they didn't gimp the game for future dlcs, the longevity of destiny would probably have been way better but now I think it will die pretty soon come january

Whats going on with that? I heard about it but im not informed.

They cut every little bit of the story so they can sell it later, you get a bunch of high profile characters with no backgrounds, they keep telling you how they could tell you about yourself or the ennemy but they too busy lol. but I guess in the complete story pack 1 dlc they won't be so busy

oh wow, i cant really judge it as i havent played the game at all yet but damn. Its not like this is a game thats not gonna sell well. We'll see if the game has legs. Is destiny going to be a every other annual release? I dont see it obviously doing COD/AC annual release :0

Around the Network

Hasn't Mario Kart 8 already surpassed 3 million in sales inc digital??

Wait. I'm confused, where did these MK8 numbers come from?

I didn't pay it much attention before but MK8 was 2.82 in June from the Quarterly, how is this number lower?

Ka-pi96 said:
bobfulci said:

The fact that MK8 sold as well as it did WITHOUT the insane hype-machine supporting it is a bigger story than The number of units sold for Destiny. I don't recall MK8 being mentioned on the news or various TV shows or even having a "special" Newsweek edition magazine on news stands.

As if Mario Kart 8 wasn't being hyped?

Not to the extent that Destiny was. Absolutely not.

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....

tbone51 said:
chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:
if they didn't gimp the game for future dlcs, the longevity of destiny would probably have been way better but now I think it will die pretty soon come january

They cut every little bit of the story so they can sell it later, you get a bunch of high profile characters with no backgrounds, they keep telling you how they could tell you about yourself or the ennemy but they too busy lol. but I guess in the complete story pack 1 dlc they won't be so busy

oh wow, i cant really judge it as i havent played the game at all yet but damn. Its not like this is a game thats not gonna sell well. We'll see if the game has legs. Is destiny going to be a every other annual release? I dont see it obviously doing COD/AC annual release :0

Last I saw was a 2 year cycle, with a bunch of dlcs in between

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
bobfulci said:
teigaga said:

As of 20th september global update;

Destiny PS4: 2,972,777

Mario Kart 8: 2,672,546

If you asked me back in March I would have said Mario Kart 8 and Titanfall will be the years highest selling single platform gamea. Colour me surprised... Next week it will overtake watchdogs.

The fact that MK8 sold as well as it did WITHOUT the insane hype-machine supporting it is a bigger story than The number of units sold for Destiny. I don't recall MK8 being mentioned on the news or various TV shows or even having a "special" Newsweek edition magazine on news stands. 

No need for hype when a game is on the market 20+ years. Destiny needed to make itself known. And as we can see it succeeded.

I would completely disagree with you on that. It needed major hype as a new release in the franchise especially considering the fact that the WiiU has not been burning up the console charts. 

ethomaz said:
huiii said:
Why are people so appalled that someone could find another game better than something with mario in it's title?

It stinks of Nintendo elitism in this thread.

I think this thread exist due a Nintendo fan that made a thread saying Mario will outsell Destiny...

So it is the opposite... Nintendo fans started that.

I think MK8 will still outsell Destiny. How many times have we seen huge initial sales only to flatline in the following update? 

Ka-pi96 said:
bobfulci said:
ethomaz said:
huiii said:
Why are people so appalled that someone could find another game better than something with mario in it's title?

It stinks of Nintendo elitism in this thread.

I think this thread exist due a Nintendo fan that made a thread saying Mario will outsell Destiny...

So it is the opposite... Nintendo fans started that.

I think MK8 will still outsell Destiny. How many times have we seen huge initial sales only to flatline in the following update? 

Do you mean actually outsell Destiny? Or just the PS4 version?

The PS4 version. But who knows? I am a fan of both Sony and Nintendo but I definitely see what Nintendo means when they refer to some of their big titles as "evergreens." They just keep growing and growing, albeit slowly sometimes.

chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:
tbone51 said:
chapset said:

Last I saw was a 2 year cycle, with a bunch of dlcs in between

In other words.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

eww, this actually grosses me out. So sad a much better game was passed by an OK game. no I'm not being biased due to me loving Nintendo, I have played through Destiny and found it meh