By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Two High School Teachers Arrested For Having Threesome With 16 Year-Old Student!

Do you believe these teachers should be punished?

Yes! 157 44.60%

No! 192 54.55%

Total:349

I think that no one should get in trouble for this legally, but they should have known it would come back to bite them.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Egann said:
This is only news to do slut-shaming. You know that, right? Whether the teachers get punished or not is not an important bit of news to warrant being reported.

I vote we don't care and change the channel.

Slut

Noun - Derogatory

1. A woman who has many casual sexual partners

Synonyms: Promiscuous woman, prostitute, whore

2. Dated: A woman with low standards of cleanliness.

So, are you assuming these two women teachers, have multiple sexual partners, are whores, or prostitutes?  Or do you actually have proof of this?  Or are you claiming they have low standards of cleanliness, which I didn't observe in the report.  Either way, poor word usage, and overlooks the abuse of authority and trust that teachers hold. 

Wikipedia: "Slut shaming (also hyphenated, as slut-shaming) is a concept in human sexuality. It is a neologism used to describe the act of making a person, especially a woman, feel guilty or inferior for certain sexual behaviors, circumstances or desires that deviate from traditional or orthodox gender expectations, or that which may be considered to be contrary to natural or religious law."

(Wikipedia is really over-academic on this one; a better definition is demeaning a person for inappropriate sexual behavior.)

Fact is teacher-student sex is pretty a common occurrence which isn't really news-worthy. It's doubtful it will even go to court because 16 is close enough to the age of consent and 95% of cases go to plea-bargaining. Its likely the teachers will get fired and do some community service, but that's about it.

The rest--posting pictures and saying "threesome"--is just to sensationalize the case. It's not really worth the attention.

Egann said:
mornelithe said:
Egann said:
This is only news to do slut-shaming. You know that, right? Whether the teachers get punished or not is not an important bit of news to warrant being reported.

I vote we don't care and change the channel.

Slut

Noun - Derogatory

1. A woman who has many casual sexual partners

Synonyms: Promiscuous woman, prostitute, whore

2. Dated: A woman with low standards of cleanliness.

So, are you assuming these two women teachers, have multiple sexual partners, are whores, or prostitutes?  Or do you actually have proof of this?  Or are you claiming they have low standards of cleanliness, which I didn't observe in the report.  Either way, poor word usage, and overlooks the abuse of authority and trust that teachers hold. 

Wikipedia: "Slut shaming (also hyphenated, as slut-shaming) is a concept in human sexuality. It is a neologism used to describe the act of making a person, especially a woman, feel guilty or inferior for certain sexual behaviors, circumstances or desires that deviate from traditional or orthodox gender expectations, or that which may be considered to be contrary to natural or religious law."

(Wikipedia is really over-academic on this one; a better definition is demeaning a person for inappropriate sexual behavior.)

Fact is teacher-student sex is pretty a common occurrence which isn't really news-worthy. It's doubtful it will even go to court because 16 is close enough to the age of consent and 95% of cases go to plea-bargaining. Its likely the teachers will get fired and do some community service, but that's about it.

The rest--posting pictures and saying "threesome"--is just to sensationalize the case. It's not really worth the attention.

There's been no assertion that these women had sex with multiple casual partners, which is the definition of the root, slut.  So, your hyperbolic response is irrelevant.  Any teacher having sex with a student has crossed a line, thankfully, societies laws agree and these women have gotten in trouble.  Male or female teacher is irrelevant, and the students age is also, irrelevant.  A teacher in a position of authority and trust, knows better.  And they absolutely should face punishment when that trust is breached.  Whether it's simply being fired and barred from any teaching activity, or actual jailtime, punishment should be levied.

That guy is very lucky. LOL

What was stupid though is him publicizing about the relationship and the fact that the hot teachers were gullible enough to trust a teenager to keep this private ...

generic-user-1 said:
Danman27 said:
generic-user-1 said:
its not okay because they are teachers. but why are they arrested? they get fired thats all...

They had sex with a minor, they should be arrested, end of story. 

the law is stupid, but u are right, they should be arrested, because they broke the law.

its state law in the us or?

This could traumatize a person in the future. It's not a stupid law, and the a line needs to be drawn at some point. 

Around the Network

some guys have all the luck

Above & Beyond

I think few of us would dismiss the chance of getting that sort of experience back when we were sixteen.

On the other hand, though, these two fair ladies will now have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

What if it was a girl with 2 male teachers ? I'm sure in a lot of countries they would be in jail and called pedophiles. In my country they would. But it's a guy, so "lucky guy" !

Gender Equality....

Lucky. I wish teachers were that easy at my school.  At 11/12, I had a hot sixth grade teacher that I flirted with. The furthest I got was for her to let me move my desk next to hers and sit next to her all day everyday or use her desk when she wasn't using it. Teacher's pet. She became principal of my high school when I was a senior, but she gained a lot of weight. Would not bang.

Fired, and possibly suspended from teaching, yes. Charged with a crime and imprisoned, no. As it was a crime perhaps if they plead no contest and got a small fine that would satisfy the letter of the law, and they would not go on any sex offender's register or anything. Here we have a system where people can plead guilty and be discharged without conviction, meaning they have no criminal record even though they admitted to committing the crime.

16 is the age of consent here. I am not sure about the law when it comes to teacher student relations, but I'm pretty sure it's not a criminal offence for a teacher to have sex with an of age student. But it is a socially unacceptable situation and the teacher would be disciplined, possibly fired and potentially de-registered as a teacher. I'm pretty sure whatever the situation if the student was underage at the time (i.e. 15) the teacher(s) would be charged with a crime. But the outcome could be discharge without conviction if the situation warranted it and the teacher(s) pleaded guilty.

When I was 16, if those 2 teachers wanted to get with me I doubt I could have stopped myself. But then again I think it would have been all over within 15 seconds.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix