By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog Reveals Jak & Daxter 4 Environment Concept Art

Mystro-Sama said:
eFKac said:
Franchise is dead, and thank god, we got Uncharted and The Last of Us in exchange.

Thank god? I would gladly give up both those franchises for this game.

Dito

Around the Network

I hope they do more jak after Uncharted 4 and more of The Last of US. I also love the character designs of Jak and Daxter here.

Screw that. The Jak 1 designs will always remain the best.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wow! I don't know what the issue is with the Jak and Daxter models. I have beaten all three games and the PSP Daxter game multiple times. This is exactly where I was hoping the franchise would go. Now I am more depressed that this never came to be.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

AZWification said:

Jak original looks like a pussy. I vote for Jak 2.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
AZWification said:

Jak original looks like a pussy. I vote for Jak 2.

I don't see how the original Jak looks like a pussy. Oh well, maybe you are seeing something which I'm not.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I... don't hate it.

Looks more like a reboot rather than a sequel.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

As long as any game they make it a platformer not a racing/open world game like 2 and 3, then it's fine. Jak 1 was/is fantastic, the other 2 not so much.

Maybe it's for the best it was left non-existant and they and the industry have matured enough to make good mature games with it.

Hmm, pie.

prayformojo said:

Yeah, but those games you mentioned? Are they in the forefront? Or are they in the background? Because I remember a time when Sony use to push Ratchet games as hard as they're now pushing TLOU. Sly? Are you serious? How many copies did the last title even SELL? I love that franchise but how many ads did you see on TV? I can't remember any. But I CAN remember all the non-stop Destiny adds. 

That's my point. M rated games are now top priority. That's what they are putting most of their money behind and trying to sell to us, at least in the US.

I don't really get this.  So the focus of marketing has shifted to what's selling in the current market, which isn't the same as what was selling in 2001's market.

So what?  The games are still being made.  If they had stopped altogether because money was being spent on making and advertising the AAA mature stuff, then yeah, fair enough.  But that's not what happened. 

They're making the games for people like myself or you, that likes the franchise/genre and is aware of the title.  S'good enough to me.  I'd love for the titles to sell more but as long as they're coming (we've had a Ratchet game nearly every year since about 2007) then I don't think there's much to complain about.