By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Is Getting Windows 10, Cross-Platform Games And Apps

Is W10 going to be running at 1080p/60FPS on Xbox one? If not, I'm getting PS4 version...

Around the Network

I expected this announcement, but it is hard to grasp the huge potential coming from this, with office, weather apps, emulators and so on. This might turn out to be the greatest console I have owned :).

I'm sure this is great move for Microsoft, but is it for the consumer? Do we really need windows, the favorite target of spyware, adware, malware, hijacks, etc. to be compatible with all devices? Do we feel the need to upgrade from 7/8?
I dont really buy into the hype here.

Nem said:
I'm sure this is great move for Microsoft, but is it for the consumer? Do we really need windows, the favorite target of spyware, adware, malware, hijacks, etc. to be compatible with all devices? Do we feel the need to upgrade from 7/8?

I have been using Windows 8 since the beta testing period, not having any seperate antivirus program installed, and I haven´t encountered one, single problem with spyware or viruses. I might have had some but not that I have noticed. I think MS really upped the security with W8.

Puppyroach said:
Nem said:

I have been using Windows 8 since the beta testing period, not having any seperate antivirus program installed, and I haven´t encountered one, single problem with spyware or viruses. I might have had some but not that I have noticed. I think MS really upped the security with W8.

Try running spy-bot search and destroy. Ad-aware aswell. I am sure you will have stuff in there. There is basically no way to escape it unless you simply dont use the internet. Some are less intrusive than others, but it doesnt mean they arent there. Keyloggers for example are silent but deadly.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Is W10 going to be running at 1080p/60FPS on Xbox one? If not, I'm getting PS4 version...

Sol man.  1081p/59fps

Nem said:
Puppyroach said:
Nem said:

Try running spy-bot search and destroy. Ad-aware aswell. I am sure you will have stuff in there. There is basically no way to escape it unless you simply dont use the internet. Some are less intrusive than others, but it doesnt mean they arent there. Keyloggers for example are silent but deadly.

Yeah, you are probably right. I have just installed W10 btw, I am writing this response from IE11 in W10 :).

Hmm... so gaming wise, does it mean Valve might allow Steam to come to Xbox? A lot of games are controller compatible so they would almost be ready to work on the console. Imagine how big the user base would automaticaly be for indy developers. And with this, does it mean devs will develop for Windows 10 instead of Xbox One resulting in no parity crap? And if Steam is allowed, indies wouldn't need publishers at all is that right?

Funny thing is people that say they don't run av a d don't get viruses/malware are crazy! how do you you know? Not all viruses/malware are made to slow your pc down... these ones are the ones people need to worry about. Key loggers, botnets to name a few! MS is the last company anyone should trust for security! if you do then I suppose that's your problem

Gotta wonder if this finally helps windows phone/mobile get off the ground

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016