By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will it take to buy the console that you don't have this generation?

A Halo game.

Around the Network

I'm getting a X1 this year for Sunset Overdrive and the Master Chief Collection. As far as the PS4 is concerned, I will get it when Uncharted 4 comes out.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I have a PS4 and the other two have nothing to offer that would interest me. I could buy all of them, but I make it a point to only own one console at a time. Multiple machines would just be overkill and kind of ridiculous, like having two fridges because the other one has some nice features. In the future there might be a couple of exclusives I'd perhaps like, but oh well. That's not enough to warrant another fridge. I have enjoyed gaming for a long time, but it's not *that* serious for me.

Xbox One: Getting it for Halo and to play multiplayer multiplats with friends.
PS4: Intend to eventually when the library grows more, could be made to buy faster with NEW DARK CLOUD.
Vita: Alright, you got me there.

Cue the PlayStation fanboys trying to tell me how much I suck for getting an Xbox One to play multiplats on.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

XOne: Honestly has basically no chance; I already have a gaming PC and a PS4 so I'm playing multiplats on those systems and the 2 or 3 Xbox exclusives I'm interested in aren't enough to buy the console. Only a ridiculous pricecut to something like 99€ in the near future would make me get one.

WiiU: I'm only really interested in 3-5 exclusive games/franchises (plus some Wii games) and I won't spend 250€ for the console to play them. But a pricecut to something like 200€ (incl. at least one of the games I want) would probably be enough to change my opinion.

3DS: Not really interested in handhelds (I only have a Vita to play the PS+ games I got and to play my PS4 games when the TV is occupied); I think that there is a small chance that the New 3DS may feature as a WiiU Gamepad replacement in some WiiU Bundles in the future. Only such a bundle could convince me to get a 3DS.

Android console: Had an Ouya in the past (actually I still have it for 1 day but it's already sold), and I'm open to buy another Android console if I can get a good performance for a low enough price (an open console incl. a Tegra K1 64Bit and a good gamepad for less than 200€ would be nice).

VitaTV: Pricecut to 99€ including a Dualshock 4 would make me buy one (still need a third PS4-Gamepad, and the option to play some PSP/Vita games on the TV would be nice)

Around the Network

Wii U: Super Smash Bros.
X1: Massive price cut.

PS4: Just waiting for JRPG games to come out

X1: When it's free lol

More money in my wallet

Ka-pi96 said:
For me to get a Wii U again it would at the very least require quite a big price cut, I just can't afford another one right now, and of course a good proper Pokemon game, or 2.

Do not tell me that you didnt like pokken fighters! ;/

PS4 and Vita
- Anime games (animes which i love)
- Price

Pocky Lover Boy!