By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 27 September 2014 (X1>PS4, FIFA 32% PS4, 22% X1)

jlmurph2 said:
Aerys said:
But only x1 has huge marketing, so could have been worse

How much does marketing have to do with a sports game if everyone knows its on a ton of platforms and 2 of those have bundles for the exact same price? It literally comes down to popularity.

Right, and if they sell along user base lines then you can't say it's great for Xb one considering install base difference, because the game's sales reflects that difference. So all things being equal this is what you would expect. Whatever MS paid EA might turn out to be worth pretty much nothing. Even if Xb one closes up on PS4 for the week, how much is that really worth if things swing back to PS4 the following week.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
01 (NE) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 961,000 / NEW

PlayStation 4 - 307,520
Xbox 360 - 288,300 (down 43% YoY)
Xbox One - 211,420
PlayStation 3 - 144,150 (down 55% YoY)

From GAF

Not a big difference between the PS3 and X1 versions! PS4 reigns supreme. The game did really well..

bubblegamer said:
sully1311 said:

PlayStation 4 - 307,520
Xbox One - 211,420

From GAF

Not a big difference between the PS3 and X1 versions! PS4 reigns supreme. The game did really well..

The difference between PS3 and X1 is close to the difference between X1 and 360 though. So shouldn't you be exclaiming that too?

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:
Wasn't expecting the gap to be so big between PS4 and X1 to be honest.

I find posts like this puzzling.

FIFA is a huge multiplat.  Why wouldnt a console with a larger install base not sell similar to that install base?  It looks about right to me.

Again though, these numbers are now proving what I have been saying.  PS3 owners have jumped sooner.

False conclusion. More PS3 owners have jumped over is the more correct one. For your conclusion to be correct, X1 will have to have the same installbase only later on, which is not going to happen.

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:

FIFA is a huge multiplat.  Why wouldnt a console with a larger install base not sell similar to that install base?  It looks about right to me.

Again though, these numbers are now proving what I have been saying.  PS3 owners have jumped sooner.

Just like Destiny I thought the ratio would be closer.

EDIT: Bolded - You could say this is a good or bad thing.

Around the Network

haha that argument again. always cracks me up.

So, it looks like FIFA didn't help the XB1, what's next?

Webhallen in Sweden:

The PS5 Exists. 

kowenicki said:
sully1311 said:

That may be true but it's also true that PS3 owners are pretty much all sticking with PS, whereas a significant number of 360 owners are moving across (or rather back) to PS. Lots of those 360 owners were PS1 and PS2 owners and they have decided to forgive Sony for the PS3 and go back. And of course the longer 360 owners wait to jump the more likely they are to go with PS4, unless they are wedded to Halo or Gears or Forza as their must have games. 

What's interesting is that Fifa 15 360+Xb one<Fifa 14 360. But Fifa 15 PS4+3>Fifa 14 PS3. On the basis of VGC 2013 Fifa 14 data, so margin for error there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Vita owners keep on buying FIFA 11. Don't know if good or bad really. Shows that EA should really put more effort in, but still.

Good for PS4 version. Poor opening for 3DS version.

Good opening for Fantasy Life, though. I suppose the Nintendo publishing helps.

sully1311 said:

PlayStation 4 - 307,520
Xbox One - 211,420

From GAF

So can we use this software to have a stab at hardware? Fifa sold more on every console than did destiny. On PS360 it sold to the existing user base. But guaranteed it caused a boost for PS4bone. After the inevitable post destiny drop we'll see a rise again, but will it be as high as the Destiny week?

I think higher for Xb one, into the 20k range. I think similar for PS4 low to mid 30k range.

Jimi Hendrix