By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - * SPOILERS * Ending of The Last of Us, what would you have done?

Tagged games:

vivster said:
Wright said:
vivster said:

So you killed multiple people who wanted to kill a single girl to safe the girl just so you could save yourself. That doesn't seem fair.

Just to let you know, you only have to shoot the surgeon, which is what I did. There's no need in killing the rest of the medical team.

It's still one death for 1 life vs 1 death for millions of lives.

There was never a gurantee about a cure. It was just a hope. In fact, it gives hope that the sequel will be once again searching for a way to use Ellie to get a cure without having her die.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

The world > one person.
I didn't like the selfish way Joel acted, personally. 

The needs of the many...

One Person you love >>>>>>>>>>>>> Everyone/Everything else in the world. 

The world "Selfish" is not one that I like. It implies that the mob has the right to tell/influence the individual what to do. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

The Fury said:
Ka-pi96 said:
The Fury said:

EDIT: As this is about spoilers, I might have missed it but did they explain why the army guy shot Joel's daughter?

I can't remember them saying why. Although I would assume that was because the military were told to not take any chances and kill anyone that may be potentially infected, then when you consider she had clearly hurt her leg the soldier may have thought that could be a bite, need to kill her before she turns and kills me.

A simple question would have sorted that and I had a hard time believing a soldier would be that cold to just shoot a child based on, at that time, nothing. Shame they couldn't mention something to flesh that out (like a brief first cases were in children or something bullcrap like that).

It happens all the time in real life. Soldiers kill women and children often and that is during normal operations/war. Imagine a zombie apocalypse type scenario and the fact the soldier even hesitated is laudable. 

Who is John Galt?

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Why should Joel give up the only person he still cares about to save a world that's already beyond repair. Joel has been shit on enough in his life. He deserves to have some happiness. Was Joel selfish? Of course, but I think he's earned the right to be selfish.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

CityOfNoobs said:

It happens all the time in real life. Soldiers kill women and children often and that is during normal operations/war. Imagine a zombie apocalypse type scenario and the fact the soldier even hesitated is laudable. 

Purposely? Not accidental shootings, they are ordered to shoot and innocent child and do it?

While you say that is so, I do not believe any (sane) military personel in the civilised world would do that. They aren't cold murderers.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Sort of off-topic

The best parts of the Last of Us is the Colorado parts i think.

It goes: San Antonio Texas, Boston, Outside of Boston, Pittsburgh (crazy), Outside of Pittsburgh, Wyoming, Colorado (crazy), Utah.

Especially if you count the downloadable content which was in Colorado.

I haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone consider that Ellie could have immune children? Mankind would be saved without her having to die.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
I haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone consider that Ellie could have immune children? Mankind would be saved without her having to die.

So every Male should have sex with her to save mankind? Well if you put it that way.. 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Porcupine_I said:

So every Male should have sex with her to save mankind? Well if you put it that way.. 

Well, you realize she would infect the male in the process, but i am sure it would be a for a worthy cause if you feel like doing that.

...or people with a less dirty mind could opt for artificial insemination.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

The Fury said:
CityOfNoobs said:

Purposely? Not accidental shootings, they are ordered to shoot and innocent child and do it?

While you say that is so, I do not believe any (sane) military personel in the civilised world would do that. They aren't cold murderers.

I did not say what military or what soldiers, but yes it still happens today , maybe not in the so called civilized world that we know of, but it has throughout history. My point is that a soldier ordered to contain a zombie outbreak shooting a child he thought could be infected and was ordered to do so is not very far fetched. 

Who is John Galt?