By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 5 features the Playstation 4 needs!

1) Stop and resume downloads.

2) MP4. WMV and all sorts of video playback, just like the PS3 that can play all sorts of videos.

3) MP3 music support like the PS3!.

4) Wallpapers and themes.

5) Ability turn off completely the DS4 light bar to increase its battery life even more.

6) Ability to organize your games and media (Videos and Music, if its added of course) in different folders.

7) EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SUPPORT!!! just like the PS3!.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I want the ability to DELETE my trophies.
I've had this SuperStardust HD Trophy at 0% ever since I bought my PS3 because of a DEMO that never even allowed you to earn any of the trophies in the first place.
I also have a Call of Duty: Black Ops Trophy at 0% after trying the game once. I don't want this game on me Trophy List. :(

By the way, Players Met is a very usefyul feature for me. There have been many times that I've run into players in fighting games online, but I don't have time to add them to my friends list while I'm playing, so it's good to be able to look this up afterwards.
Besides that, I agree with what you said.

Haha don't feel.too bad about bad games on your trophy list, I have Mugen Souls on mine =P

The option to change our PSN name would be nice.

None of these are TOP features lol... my top 5 in no specific order.

- Ability to change User ID
- Convert sub account to master account
- Enhance PS4 media support
- PS4 notifications for friends sign-on/offs
- Region account change

Ka-pi96 said:

4. Never even realised it existed... so... no comment

You aknowledge its existence when players start using it to send rage spams about your way of fighting in PvP. (I was a whore in Demon Souls)

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I want the ability to DELETE my trophies.
I've had this SuperStardust HD Trophy at 0% ever since I bought my PS3 because of a DEMO that never even allowed you to earn any of the trophies in the first place.
I also have a Call of Duty: Black Ops Trophy at 0% after trying the game once. I don't want this game on my Trophy List. :(

By the way, Players Met is a very usefyul feature for me. There have been many times that I've run into players in fighting games online, but I don't have time to add them to my friends list while I'm playing, so it's good to be able to look this up afterwards.
Besides that, I agree with what you said.

I know that on the 360 you can delete games from your profile in which you never earned any achievements for, not sure if you can do it on the X1 also.

estebxx said:

2) MP4. WMV and all sorts of video playback, just like the PS3 that can play all sorts of videos.

5) Ability turn off completely the DS4 light bar to increase its battery life even more.

6) Ability to organize your games and media (Videos and Music, if its added of course) in different folders.

just in case you didn't hear,..  wallpapers and themes is already announced for the fall update. the same one bringing shareplay. 

kitler53 said:
estebxx said:

just in case you didn't hear,..  wallpapers and themes is already announced for the fall update. the same one bringing shareplay. 

yeah i saw it at the TGS conference, but i still named it since its not out yet. hope its wallpapers as well, because on the conference they only showed Themes and well... on PS3 you must putchase themes or make them yourself (which is kind of hard, i never even understood how to use the software they provided), and the few ones that you got free were limited... so i REALLY hope they have wallpapers for PS4 or a easy to use theme creation tool.

also even if every Theme on PSN was free i still would think its kind of limited  vs a wallpaper of which you can get a huge ammount of variety, themes on PSN are mostly about games while wallpapers... well you can get a wallpaper of a cupcake if you want...

What about backwards compatibility? I'd be down with that feature. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll add it in the next model.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

estebxx said:
kitler53 said:
estebxx said:

yeah i saw it at the TGS conference, but i still named it since its not out yet. hope its wallpapers as well, because on the conference they only showed Themes and well... on PS3 you must putchase themes or make them yourself (which is kind of hard, i never even understood how to use the software they provided), and the few ones that you got free were limited... so i REALLY hope they have wallpapers for PS4 or a easy to use theme creation tool.

also even if every Theme on PSN was free i still would think its kind of limited  vs a wallpaper of which you can get a huge ammount of variety, themes on PSN are mostly about games while wallpapers... well you can get a wallpaper of a cupcake if you want...

i'm only guessing but,.. 

...i think we'll see themes you can buy and wallpapers too.  i wouldn't be surprised if wallpapers were limited to what you screenshot with the share button.