By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 ads UK

Here in germany, every 2nd or 3rd ad in the tv is for the 3DS. Wii U ads are not rare, but much more rare than ads for 3DS. Sadly.

Around the Network
tak13 said:

oh sorryyyyyyyyyy:Pi thought that you didnt hear about it:P This was what you meant,then i guess you re right , this doesnt happen only in Austalia:P i have asked three australians,you will be the fourth...Amazon au doesnt sell consoles,except my beloved  ebay ,is there any other way to import new 3dsxl(i m Greek  currently i have gone to usa but i will go back :P)?Am i going to pay import charges?My relatives from melbourne are sending me things and i have never paid import charges!

If you get your family to buy it and just send it to you 'as a gift' you don't have to pay any taxes (I am 99% sure).

To be honest I've never bought something from Australia overseas so I'm probably not the best person to ask! Try ozgameshop.com.au They're a European company but they occasionally stock Australian copies of games and consoles. They'll definitely ship to you!

Not sure if i saw MK8 commercials on TV, but i can confirm that, either before or after the game came out, i saw youtube commercials for the game.

I live in Portugal, btw.

Qwark said:

Well in the Netherlands there hasn't been a single tv add, appaerently have been a few tv adds, which I missed though. But the limited advert is probably due to the fact that not that many people speak dutch. Playstation does have more tv adds in our country though.
Our shops advertise Mario Kart 8 pretty well though.

Wait... what?  What are they speaking then?

WhiteEaglePL said:
They really should advertise Hyrule Warriors too, heck, all major games that are not SMash or Mk8 should get the MK8 advertising treatment.

What channel did you see them on? I haven't seen any myself here in UK.

I have a young daughter, so i saw them between kids tv (milkshake on channel 5), I saw the ad a total of 6 times.

Around the Network
zippy said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
They really should advertise Hyrule Warriors too, heck, all major games that are not SMash or Mk8 should get the MK8 advertising treatment.

What channel did you see them on? I haven't seen any myself here in UK.

I have a young daughter, so i saw them between kids tv (milkshake on channel 5), I saw the ad a total of 6 times.

Makes sense. Nearly every time I see a Nintendo add is on Kids channels.

MDX said:
Qwark said:

Well in the Netherlands there hasn't been a single tv add, appaerently have been a few tv adds, which I missed though. But the limited advert is probably due to the fact that not that many people speak dutch. Playstation does have more tv adds in our country though.

I meant wordlwide there isn't a big percantage speaking Dutch now is there devide 17 million by 7 billion and you will see that hte percentage of people that speak dutch on this planet is very little. On the other hand around 500 million people speaks spanish another 500 million speaks English around 100 million people speak Japanese. It's way easier to make a tv add for these languages then to make a special one for the like what 30.000 people who own a WII U in the Netherlands.

Truth to be told there are way to many people in The Netherlands who don't speak (an apropiate form of) Dutch (like my english) neither do you've to in The Netherlands we're a very tolerant country. We've the loving mindset that if someone doesn't speak our language then that is our problem. In Dutch city's we even have some signs in Arabic. (Gouda Hertenkamp as prime example)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Shortiloe said:
Here in germany, every 2nd or 3rd ad in the tv is for the 3DS. Wii U ads are not rare, but much more rare than ads for 3DS. Sadly.

That's great in Germany!

But I stil don't understand why Nintendo stopped selling in Poland after the Gameboy....

Qwark said:
MDX said:
Qwark said:

I meant wordlwide there isn't a big percantage speaking Dutch ...

OK, I get what you are saying.

Interesting info about the Arab signs.

Though, there is a long history of trade between the Middle East and The Netherlands 

That's great news. Its better if they market MK8 instead of less popular games like Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54