By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you be getting Shadow of Mordor?

Tagged games:

Will you be getting it.

Yes 76 46.63%

Hmmm... we'll see... 51 31.29%

Naw 36 22.09%

Total:163

I'll probably ask for it for Christmas.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Sleepyprince said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Sleepyprince said:
I will keep my money. Already played assassin's creed 2, so kind of played them all.

But.... Lord of the Rings?

The movies are ok, with big flaws but ok. Not good enough to make me spend 60/50 on a pale assassin's creed copy though. Shadows of the blabla may even be better than AC for all i know, but I find AC boring...

You mean Batman? Why does everyone keep saying AC :/

Ac stands for Assassin's creed. Come on man =P

At some point yes. I usually don't like the lotr games. They were limited. LOTR Online was junk. But this uses Arkham style stuff. When my money is more free. I should get it.

Sleepyprince said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Sleepyprince said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Sleepyprince said:
I will keep my money. Already played assassin's creed 2, so kind of played them all.

But.... Lord of the Rings?

The movies are ok, with big flaws but ok. Not good enough to make me spend 60/50 on a pale assassin's creed copy though. Shadows of the blabla may even be better than AC for all i know, but I find AC boring...

You mean Batman? Why does everyone keep saying AC :/

Ac stands for Assassin's creed. Come on man =P

Well no shit lol. I just don't see how it's similar to it.

I'll be getting it from Steam next week almost for sure!

Around the Network

No because I don't like the combat system in AC or Batman

Mystro-Sama said:

Ok, so this game just came out of nowhere guns blazing and wrecked practically everything out this year in terms of scores. I'm not a big LoTR fan so I didn't pay it much attention until I saw a couple reviews and realised that it has a Arkham-eque combat system. Now it went from a no buy to a must have.

What are your thoughts on Shadow of Mordor. Will you be getting it?

Lol I had the exact same mindset as you. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to buy it then I saw the reviews and pre ordered it straight away

Mystro-Sama said:

Well no shit lol. I just don't see how it's similar to it.

It is indeed more similar to Rocksteady's Batman than any other game.

I might get it later, but definitely not this holiday season.

Not what I was hoping for. A QTE fest with a really dated feel. I can't understand the high review scores at all.