By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who would win a fight? The Super Smash Bros or the PlayStation All-Stars?

Tagged games:

WHO IS GUNNA WIN?!?!?!?

SUPA SMASHA BRODERS! 776 75.78%

PLAYSTATION ALL-STAS BATTA ROYALE! 247 24.12%

Total:1,023

So why is Smash Bros only restricted to Melee?

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
Teeqoz said:
Jak could stop time and meanwhile, the rest of his team could simply take the Master Sword, kill Ganondorf, and finish all the others. I'm not sure about Kirby though.

Don't forget about Ratchet. Aside having several versions of the RYNO, he also has the Groovitron. That means that the enemy whoever Ratchet throws it at starts dancing uncontrollably. Which means total vulnerability. And Clank, as of A Crack in Time, possesses the skill to manipulate time too. How about that for some backup?

I'd say Ratchet's biggest asset would be the Zodiac. Though that would probably be more of an automatic stalemate generator than anything... RIP everyone.

So discussion finished then? PSAS wins because time control?

the_dengle said:

We interrupt this Sony vs Nintendo debate to bring you an excess of Zelda lore.

Ganon is not the reincarnation of a God. He is... his will is that of Demise. It's an important distinction. Even Zelda, who in Skyward Sword was definitively the reincarnation of a Goddess, inherited only the memories of that Goddess, not her power. Ganon does not have God-tier power from birth, he acquires great power over the course of his eons-long life. It would only put him on God-tier if he obtained the full Triforce, as in A Link to the Past. But the Ganon who appears in Melee (or any Smash Bros) is not this Ganon. It is Ganondorf, merely a man with a great deal of power, who appears to be effectively 'immortal'.

Even if Ganondorf was as powerful as Demise, Demise was defeated by Hylia. He was also definitively destroyed by the Triforce, which represents the power of the true Gods of the Zelda universe. Demise isn't exactly a God (his title is Demon King, not... God of anything), and his power level is about on-par with that of Hylia, who is herself not as powerful as Din/Nayru/Farore. I think we can reason based on this that Ganondorf is not as powerful as the Golden Goddesses, and therefore is not quite on the same level as Zeus.

I like the Kirby theories, that little dude is nuts. Haha. Also, don't anybody forget about this now.

Ya your right about Ganon not being the reincarnation of a God, I haven't played SS in awhile, I forgot the Demise was just the "Demon King."  That being said, gods in God of War are not at the same level as in zelda simply because they can be killed.  Though Ganon does have the triforce of power in melee(intro cutscene), it would be difficult to see if that is enough to stop kratos and zeus, not to mention that depending on what version we have of kratos, kratos might not be a god either, which would make the fight between Ganon and kratos even more interesting.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Come on accept it, Kirby is the beast :p

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Jak could stop time and meanwhile, the rest of his team could simply take the Master Sword, kill Ganondorf, and finish all the others. I'm not sure about Kirby though.

Meh, link would just go 3 days back into the past and stop Jak from ever stopping time....though link would probably be killed before he could do that...oh well.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Teeqoz said:

No, because smash has time control people as well. Link, Zelda, (and if he counts) shulk. 

elazz said:
Yeah, people got confused. With Kratos and Cole it will be an easy contest for the ps characters because they are godlike.

Ike killed a god.

Click HERE and be happy 

Clyde32 said:
Teeqoz said:

No, because smash has time control people as well. Link, Zelda, (and if he counts) shulk. 

Could you please explain further? For Link at least he doesn't stand a chance against, well, guns.

Teeqoz said:
Clyde32 said:
Teeqoz said:

Could you please explain further? For Link at least he doesn't stand a chance against, well, guns.

Link has a huge arsenal of weapons. One of them just so happens to be an indestructable shield. As well as a magic sheild(Zelda has this in smash bros)

Shulk controls everything with the monado. Time being one of them.