By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub Press event impressions.

As someone who is into racing games this my impression of Driveclub.

Pros
Graphics to me look phenomonal and realistic, Project cars looks a bit to sterile and plastic for my taste.
Good to know the framerate is solid, I find a solid 30fps perfectly gameable.
A good AI is essential ask Gran Turismo
Weather effects
Style is also important so a crash doesn't directly mean game over since you could still earn style points
(And I hate replay function makes a racing game to easy so Thank God no replay)
Great support after launch (In june there will be 97 cars available)

Cons
There are to few cars
Some features like photo mode and weather should be in it day one
Your concern worries me a bit

Shame they didn't gave you a wheel since Force feedback wheels give you a more immersed experience.
Anyhow I've pre-ordered the game and I'm looking forward to it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Pros
Graphics to me look phenomonal and realistic, Project cars looks a bit to sterile and plastic for my taste.
Weather effects
Style is also important so a crash doesn't directly mean game over since you could still earn style points

Cons
There are to few cars

Shame they didn't gave you a wheel since Force feedback wheels give you a more immersed experience.

Yep only DS4's, it admittedly plays great with it, but I would also gladly try it with a wheel.

Wheels are another problem actually. Low number of wheels supported. More of a PS4 problem though. not only a DriveClub one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872483 highly recommend this thread to anyone interested, a lot of insight in there.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

pokoko said:
Nice write-up.

I'm also interested to see how the selection of cars plays out and if there ends up being a clear best car. It would get kind of boring if everyone uses the same vehicle all the time.

Clubs are the most interesting part of the game and what sets it apart (which explains the game's title). Challenges also sound interesting. Will there be scoreboards for challenges?

Since the real life handling models are directly transfered into the game (after that they made the cars a bit more simple to drive.)

The top region should be kind of a tie.

The hennesy venom GT, The Koenigsegg Agera R, Pagani Zonda R/Huayra and Apollo R are all mindblasting fast, which means person a would be faster with option a and person b would be better with option c. The Zonda R (being a race instead of a sports car) is in theorie the fastest, but since the handling is a bit ajusted the others should also be relatively easy to drive. And specs like accelration and archieveable top speed on the track would be practicly the same.

Sure the koenigsegg and the venom can archieve 400km/h/250mp/h + top speeds, but you will rarely drive faster than 320/200mp/h so that isn't really an issue.

I hope this answers your question. Mid range is a whole other story though, but many racing games lack a balanced mid range.

eFKac said:
Qwark said:

Pros
Weather effects

Cons
There are to few cars

Yep only DS4's, it admittedly plays great with it, but I would also gladly try it with a wheel.

Wheels are another problem actually. Low number of wheels supported. More of a PS4 problem though. not only a DriveClub one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872483 highly recommend this thread to anyone interested, a lot of insight in there.

Well I must admit I was a lucky bastard to get a Thrustmaster T500 for an sort of affordable price. But I can defenitly understand if you don't want to spend more than 350 euro's on a wheel. The thrustmaster t500 and t300 are supported at launch. According to driveclub twitter.

Qwark said:
eFKac said:
Qwark said:

Pros
Weather effects

Cons
There are to few cars

Well I must admit I was a lucky bastard to get a Thrustmaster T500 for an sort of affordable price. But I can defenitly understand if you don't want to spend more than 350 euro's on a wheel. The thrustmaster t500 and t300 are supported at launch. According to driveclub twitter.

Yeah thrustmaster is the way to go with Sony, they have some sort of collaboration and are pretty much the only supported manufacturer on the PS4 at the moment.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

New gameplay which looks really great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl8e0iSqNNU

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Slow cars being slower than fast cars is always true if the skill levels of the drivers are close enough. That does mean that races will usually see a blend of two to 3 types of cars. That doesn't have to mean boring at all. I remember a loong time ago I and a friend were playing multiplayer NFS always choosing out of a pool of two cars, usually choosing the same. The fun was overtaking each other and winning.

Isn't this game going to have a ton of micro transaction aka pay to win? I remember a thread awhile back about it.

edit  -  nvm I'm thinking of the Ubisoft racing game

eFKac said:

Also, there was free food and drinks, as well as those cool gifts below, so I think a thread about Sony bribing the press should happen.

Lol I wouldn't be seen dead in that T-shirt. So as bribes go it's a pretty bad one.

Interesting impressions. Probably doesn't really interest me because I'm not really interesteed in online racing or joining a club, so it's gone in the wrong direction for me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Sounds good, and the limited number of cars is a plus for me. More chance to compete on driving skill instead of being out tuned or not have the right car. Varied and challenging tracks is what I'm looking for, cars are just a tool.