By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub Press event impressions.

biglittlesps said:
eFKac said:
biglittlesps said:

Thanks, which country you played in the demo?

India, Norway, Chile, Scotland and I think there was one more? Don't remember if I played that one. And played a couple of different tracks in those locations, some during the day some during night.

How does night racing looks compared to Project cars?

Honestly haven't seen any night tracks in Project Cars will look up something and update on that.

DriveClub looks really look at night on it's own though. Also I've played Norway at night which I think is visually the best looking location.

Edit. Watched some Youtube videos from recents builds I think, lighting might actually be slightly better in DriveClub which makes night races looking more realistic. It also had rain, and yeah, here absolutely no contest, DriveClub clearly looked better in this regard.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Nice write-up.

I'm also interested to see how the selection of cars plays out and if there ends up being a clear best car. It would get kind of boring if everyone uses the same vehicle all the time.

Clubs are the most interesting part of the game and what sets it apart (which explains the game's title). Challenges also sound interesting. Will there be scoreboards for challenges?

Well written hands on, but i found your reaction a bit underwhelming...

So my question: I like playing racing games a lot and when i saw the 39.90 pricetag on PSN, i went and preordered Driveclub.
As you may have seen today, reviews of Forza Horizon2 were published and say that the game is so much fun! Have you tried that aswell?
Is Driveclub fun to play, or it's more of gringing Xp and fame?

pokoko said:
Nice write-up.

I'm also interested to see how the selection of cars plays out and if there ends up being a clear best car. It would get kind of boring if everyone uses the same vehicle all the time.

Clubs are the most interesting part of the game and what sets it apart (which explains the game's title). Challenges also sound interesting. Will there be scoreboards for challenges?

Yup, also interested in how this plays out.

As for the scoreboards and stuff, unfortunately we had limited menu navigation so can't say much on that. But When you picked the normal race you could indeed scroll down and a long list similar to the "What's New" on PS4 UI, with challenges showed up. Truth be told it wasn't very transparent :-/

Greatness Awaits!

Can't wait anymore for Driveclub !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
is there a tl;dr version you can provide?

...i have a hard time consuming media for this game. i look at the ps+ version i'm going to get as a "big demo" and after playing it a bit i'll decide if i want to upgrade or not. the screens are sexy though.

I think pretty much everyone has this view. I'm not into racing games but I've been wanting to try one this gen because I did like them at one point. Will see how this turns out.

This game is going to be a huge letdown. Its been delayed too long. Its a year late to the party. This game was meant to be a launch game. A game that showcased the ps4 muscles. Something that gamers could pick up at launch and be satisfied with. But now, the hype is high and the game won't be fairly judged like it would've been had it released last November. I expect it to be decent but not great.

todd2r said:
This game is going to be a huge letdown. Its been delayed too long. Its a year late to the party. This game was meant to be a launch game. A game that showcased the ps4 muscles. Something that gamers could pick up at launch and be satisfied with. But now, the hype is high and the game won't be fairly judged like it would've been had it released last November. I expect it to be decent but not great.

I don't understand. It obviously wasn't ready to launch last November. Reception back in the time was lukewarm at best, game also didn't show PS4's muscles, people were underwhelmed by the graphics.

What do you mean by the bolded part?

I'm not sure there is much hype behind the game, hyped are mostly the visuals, and while I maybe wasn't blown away by them, game looks WAY better than it did in November last year and definitely delivers on that front. It will be the best looking racing game ever by the time it releases.

It will be judged by what it is. The fact that Evolution plans to support and improve the game after release will bite them in the ass critically though. No reviewer will update their reviews when Photo Mode, Dynamic Weather Effects, new cars or maps will go live. They will judge the game without all planned features, that's Evolution's fault though, as they didn't deliver on time.

Greatness Awaits!

I feel bad for the team. They worked really hard on it. They knew it wasn't going to be ready and Sony did too. It should have never been advertised as a launch game. But now, we have waited too long. I feel like some reviewers will look at it and say,'wow, the delay helped' but I have a feeling like some reviewers will crap all over it because they will say,'we waited a year for this?' I hope im wrong. It looks decent.

todd2r said:
I feel bad for the team. They worked really hard on it. They knew it wasn't going to be ready and Sony did too. It should have never been advertised as a launch game. But now, we have waited too long. I feel like some reviewers will look at it and say,'wow, the delay helped' but I have a feeling like some reviewers will crap all over it because they will say,'we waited a year for this?' I hope im wrong. It looks decent.

Ohh I see where you're coming from. 

And yeah I agree that they should have at least told us earlier that it's not going to make it at launch, I'm sure it must have been clear that it's not quality enough to make it at PS4's launch, earlier than a month before release. 

I'm sure those reviewers who played it in 2013 will see the improvements, and most importantly we as gamers won in this case. Sure a 10 months delay hurts and I really wanted to play it at launch, but we would have ended up with a rushed sub-par game. Now we'll get a very solid one.

Greatness Awaits!