By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me pick out 300 genesis/megadrive games

You are awesome for recognizing General Chaos.

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:

To be quite honest.  I hate Altered Beast.  I also hate golden axe. 

I can understand not liking Altered Beast but Golden Axe?  Golden Axe 2 is one of the best games on the Genesis. 

Just noticed Tommy Lasorda baseball in op... lol that was one of the first games I got on the Genesis.

sethnintendo said:
Burning Typhoon said:

To be quite honest.  I hate Altered Beast.  I also hate golden axe. 

I can understand not liking Altered Beast but Golden Axe?  Golden Axe 2 is one of the best games on the Genesis. 

Just noticed Tommy Lasorda baseball in op... lol that was one of the first games I got on the Genesis.

Altered Beast and Golden Axe did suck. GA2 was miles better.

Kynes said:
Castle of illusion

Was a pretty damn fun game from what I remember.  I believe they did a remake on the 3DS or something recently but some reason I never bothered to look into it.

edit - NVM it was released on Xbox Live, PSN and PC.

sethnintendo said:

I played it before... Lots... My cousin let me borrow it years ago.  Then, just about 2 years ago, he gave me all of his genesis titles.  General Chaos... was lost.  Therefore, I need to get that gem again.  Actually, he owned altered beast, 688 attack sub, and Michael Jackson's moonwalker..  All of which, he didn't give to me.  I assume it's because those games were all lost.

But, that's why 688 attack sub is on the list.

To be honest... Golden Axe is more of a recent thing for me.. I've seen friends play it on PS3...  Wasn't impressed.  I'm sure I've played it at one point on the genesis, though.  Altered beast, I've not seen on a TV since the early 90's.  I don't remember much at all... Other then the game's 1st stage looking like Marble Zone from Sonic.

Around the Network

How about Pier Solar?

Burning Typhoon said:
sethnintendo said:

I played it before... Lots... My cousin let me borrow it years ago.  Then, just about 2 years ago, he gave me all of his genesis titles.  General Chaos... was lost.  Therefore, I need to get that gem again.  Actually, he owned altered beast, 688 attack sub, and Michael Jackson's moonwalker..  All of which, he didn't give to me.  I assume it's because those games were all lost.

But, that's why 688 attack sub is on the list.

To be honest... Golden Axe is more of a recent thing for me.. I've seen friends play it on PS3...  Wasn't impressed.  I'm sure I've played it at one point on the genesis, though.  Altered beast, I've not seen on a TV since the early 90's.  I don't remember much at all... Other then the game's 1st stage looking like Marble Zone from Sonic.

Like the other burning said...  Golden Axe 2 is a step up from the original.  So I would go with number 2 (I actually even like it more than 3).  General Chaos not getting a sequel was the original reason why I started my EA boycott in the late 90s / early 2000s.  I know it sounds stupid but I was pissed off that it never got a sequel (EA the king of sequels for some reason stopped making Road Rash, Desert Strike, and a few other series that were all the rage back in the 16 bit era; I suppose declining sales for those series was their reasoning). 

Loved General Chaos so much and it was a blast with the EA 4 player adapter (which I originally got for football games).  4 players playing General Chaos.. Classic.  I believe I was a pro with the bazooka guy (one shot kill I believe but had to have good aim).

sethnintendo said:
Kynes said:
Castle of illusion

Was a pretty damn fun game from what I remember.  I believe they did a remake on the 3DS or something recently but some reason I never bothered to look into it.

edit - NVM it was released on Xbox Live, PSN and PC.

Yeah, and I hated the PS3 version's demo.  No go.  At least on that console.  I have world of illusion but I like quack shot more than any of them.

Also, Pitfall and Ms. Pacman showed up.  Both of them are great.  Gotta get use to the controls of ms pacman on a genesis controller.  I wonder if my fight stick would be better.  Ah well, I'll get to each later when i have time.