By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another Gamer Screwed by Microsoft

Oohhh.. Smells like a conspiracy, or a guy that just didn't take a shower for a month.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
^ummmmm where else was he supposed to send it?

Nowhere.  As I said in my post, I would have kept it and tried to find a way to purchase a new unit to actually play.  Then the other would have gone into a display case to protect it from harm.  Crap, that thing was probably worth some money with all those signatures and custom artwork.  It's like I tell my son when he tears into the new star wars action figures we buy him for Christmas... "you need to decide if this is going to be a collector's item or a toy."  So he decides which ones stay in their cases and which ones come out.

As I said, I really do feel sorry for the guy. 

lol funny that they erased all his crap

This isn't shocking at all.

MS is king of screwing over customers.

It's as if they spend all their time trying to find ways to make their customer's lives more miserable and more entrenched.

Getting stung by ms and whining about is like playing with a bees nest and bitching that the evil bees stung you. Yes they stung you, yes it hurts, but you knew that would happen.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

They didn't screw him over, they taught the boy a lesson.

Around the Network

Hmm. That really really sucks. But I don't think we should blame Microsoft (or Canada for that matter). Instead...

We should blame WiiFit.

You need to realize, this isn't really MS that screwed this kid - it's some minimum wage or low wage employee who works at a company that represents MS. Either way, MS should fly the kid out to Seattle and get that console "siged" up again.

Stever89 said:

We should blame WiiFit.

agreed,

on topic you know what's way more screwed up than microsoft cleaning a console, the people that think someone should be fired or killed over this,

some one cleaned his toy that had some drawings and names on it, annoying, but guess what? stuff happens,

microsoft doesn't owe him, the warranty they offer is to repair the console and repair the console alone, and because he offerred them nothing not to clean the console, they were under no contract to not clean the console, business law 101 a letter and an phone conversation doesn't create any sort of obligation to the guy.

... though that doesn't mean complaining won't  get him any free stuff.

of and additional monetary value, no I dont' think so, maybe he should have sold the dead unit to a craved halo enthusist and bought a new console, as in a few years I really doubt anyone will care if the console has some scribbles on the case with no proof of origin will be worth just as much as any other console.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft def. needs to get all those signatures back and the artwork as well. Shouldn't be too hard for them with all that money they have.

sienster said:
You need to realize, this isn't really MS that screwed this kid - it's some minimum wage or low wage employee who works at a company that represents MS. Either way, MS should fly the kid out to Seattle and get that console "siged" up again.

Why would the wage of the person cleaning the console make a difference?

tbh, I'm still trying to work out why I should give a damn, I mean, the signatures are not really that great
anyways (I mean in a sense of the famousness of the people who wrote the signature). If he wanted memories, I'm sure a camera would've done a better job.

Really, the title should be "Microsoft makes mistake, sadass upset", not "Another gamer screwed by Microsoft".