By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another Gamer Screwed by Microsoft

Rath said:
Man do I feel sorry for him. I can imagine that if this story turns quite big though that MS would probably get a bunch of devs to sign a new console and to send it to him free - its the type of thing a company does to make themselves look like the good guys.

Hell, if I got my console signed by a few lower guys from Bungie, but met them in person, talked to them, saw them sign my console...I'd rather have that than the top guys from tons of developers sign it...it wouldn't be the same.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hahahaha, sucks to be him 

Kasz216 said: The only other signiture i'd want is Bruce Cambell's on a DVD case for "Jack of All Trades" just to see him grimmace at the fact that someone remembers that show.

Holy shit, I remember this show.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

That guy should get a life

All companies have some sort of operating procedures which the person fixing his console would follow. Plus at least when I have had to take other electronics in to be repaired the item goes through 5-10 different hands. A piece of paper can be lost in that process ore orders can be watered down. Putting signatures on anything that might have to changes hands in the future is not the best place. Those signatures if he really wanted them would have been better off on a piece of paper or maybe inside the Box the Xbox 360 came with. While I do feel sorry for him what Microsoft did was not unreasonable.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

BenKenobi88 said:
Rath said:
Man do I feel sorry for him. I can imagine that if this story turns quite big though that MS would probably get a bunch of devs to sign a new console and to send it to him free - its the type of thing a company does to make themselves look like the good guys.

Hell, if I got my console signed by a few lower guys from Bungie, but met them in person, talked to them, saw them sign my console...I'd rather have that than the top guys from tons of developers sign it...it wouldn't be the same.

Agreed, restitution in this case is to fly him out to the next E3, cover his hotel, and have him personally introduced to some of his favorite devs and get some hands on time with his most anticipated games.

From MS' perspective this shouldn't be a nuisance this should be a fantastic opportunity for some of the best publicity you could ever hope for. If they do what I just said above it will be the cheapest way they could have ever imagined reaching the hearts and minds of millions of gamers because you can bet your ass that story would print....if they lean on their PR guys it could even hit the national media for a blip or two.

@"tough shit" crowd,

Screw you people, the guy called ahead and wrote a letter..at some point human "douchebaggery" comes into play here. Unless the box shows up at the factory and is automatically opened and loaded into the cleaner someone should have cought it...and even then the tech support rep on the phone should have said something.

The more likely scenario is that the washing is in fact automated but somebody opened the box ignored the letter and said "tough shit" to the markings on the box. This guy did everything he could do keep it safe short of packing himself into the box with it.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

procedures or not, the pr personel/operator (who is a representative of ms) gave his assurance that the unit would just be reparied and that the case would be untouched. since he/she represents ms then ms should be held accountable for this major oversight!

That's so freakin' messed up!   They better pay hin back!!........

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Wow.. that is the most bitch*ng and f*cked up thing to ever happen. I could think of three very realistic reasons.

-------------------REASON 1--------------------------------- 

An obsesive compulsive worker has got nothing to do.

So then he might've had fun with the 360 and scrubbed it off. 

--------------------REASON 2--------------------------------

Humanoid probably says:

"Error! Error! 360 value to high. Must set value to normal quality."

Probably the humanoid worker Microsoft made must've malfunctioned.

-------------------REASON 3--------------------------------

HE HATED MASTERCHIEF AND SIGNATURES.

He should grip, complain and moan. If he does such at a rate of some posters that venture into the MS forum and complain, he'd get a free elite with every major MS person's signature in a matter of minutes ;)

But either way, it's odd they scrubbed it. I would of assumed that they'd of replaced the shell, done this or that, but not scrub it.

But that could be part of an automated replacement process too.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

all right guys i know that this looks like M$ did something bad but then i looked at the pictures agian. if you notice the 360 in the 2nd pic is on a different side from the first on so i calling all of this bullcrap