By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has around 17m Gold subscribers

fireburn95 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
fireburn95 said:
How would he know no. Of gold subs?! Seems like he pulled that out of nowhere

Well its possible MS told him the userbase his game would be available to.

I feel like that's information they should know before bringing their F2P game to a platform.

I doubt MS would up and tell them that, especially info that is significant as that. If anything they would have made them sign an nda first. It's financial and competitive information.

maybe they did and he broke the nda. im sure ms is upset if this is a true leak

or he is talking about world of tanks player on xbox360

but that would not fit this qoute:

Today we can boast something like 90 million installs of World of Tanks worldwide. And if you combine the recently released XBox version, World of Warplanes and Blitz, which was released a month ago, it’s more than 100 million registered users.

thats just 10m+ more

Around the Network

Lot less then what was assumed. PS4 PS Plus might hit that in a few years.

Farsala said:
Lot less then what was assumed. PS4 PS Plus might hit that in a few years.

ofc. there is no way sony wont beat ms in every discipline soon or later

DerNebel said:
What??? I thought the number was around 40mil or something. You're telling me that only about 3.5 times as many people have Gold overall than have PS Plus on PS4?

The 48 mill number includes both the Gold and the free Silver accounts. 17 mill paying Gold users are quite a lot and I don't think there are as many paying PS+ users. It may reach that over the next few years though as many PS3 owners are paying for PS+ along with over half of PS4 owners (probably close to 3/4 now after Destiny launch and free Driveclub around the corner).

By October 30 2013 there were:

110 mill PlayStation Network accounts

65 mill Steam accounts

48 mill Xbox Live accounts

Edit: This one says 150 mill PSN accounts..

TBH its even less than 17m why? Because they also count people that have gold accounts even if thats just for a few months.

I got myself 1month of gold for 3 dollars twice just because I wanted the free games (Dark Souls month, and Steet Fighter IV month)

I would never pay a fee for something that should be part of the experience like multiplayer. Its their own fault for removing the option to have player hosted servers so why would I pay for servers then? I just want to play with friends I dont care about rankings or competition or whatnot.

I will never be part of PS+ nor XLBG

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
DerNebel said:
What??? I thought the number was around 40mil or something. You're telling me that only about 3.5 times as many people have Gold overall than have PS Plus on PS4?

The 48 mill number includes both the gold and the free silver accounts. 17 mill paying gold users are quite a lot and I don't think there are as many paying PS+ users. It may reach that over the next few years though as over half of PS4 owners are paying for PS+ (probably close to 3/4 now after Destiny launch and free Driveclub around the corner).

By October 30 2013 there were:

110 mill PlayStation Network accounts

65 mill Steam accounts

48 mill Xbox Live accounts

Edit: This one says 150 mill PSN accounts..

50m alts, because u need multible accounts to buy from foreigen store and many people made new ones after the hacks?

walsufnir said:
Tachikoma said:
skewed entirely by free month users.

Entirely?

yes, entirely, if the information doesnt break down the various types of subscription for psn and xbl, then it just clumps together any active subscription regardless of if it's a free month included with a game or not.

So unless they break it down, it's entirely skewed.

prinz_valium said:
Mike_L said:
DerNebel said:

50m alts, because u need multible accounts to buy from foreigen store and many people made new ones after the hacks?

Agreed. There are definitely some alts due to cheaper foreign store but that applies to both PS and Xbox.

The 150 mill might include 50 mill alts/inactive accounts??

Mike_L said:
prinz_valium said:

Agreed. There are definitely some alts due to cheaper foreign store but that applies to both PS and Xbox.

The 150 mill might include 50 mill alts/inactive accounts??

its more than ps3 installbase

its more than ps3 + vita installbase

its nearly 100% of ps3 + psp installbase

its defenitily many alts.

Tachikoma said:
walsufnir said:
Tachikoma said:
skewed entirely by free month users.

Entirely?

yes, entirely, if the information doesnt break down the various types of subscription for psn and xbl, then it just clumps together any active subscription regardless of if it's a free month included with a game or not.

So unless they break it down, it's entirely skewed.

Of course not and I agree that without any further data we don't know anything about the real number.