By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wolfenstein – The New Order USER REVIEW

bigjon said:
I beat the game back in June, 3rd best game I have played this year behind TLOU:R and Destiny. I agree with the 8.5.

But above other very enjoyable titles I played like Tomb Raider, Infamous:SS, NFS:Rivals, AC:BF, and a handful of other titles I enjoyed.

I haven't played Destiny yet, only the Alpha/Beta. But yes, I did enjoy Wolfenstein more than Infamous and Tomb Raider (which I am yet to finish). Also liked it more than Titanfall - though they are not really comparable experiences, and I am more of a single-player gamer.

I am one of the poor sods that has never played the Witcher, and that is up next. I am told it will annihilate Wolfenstein

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

The witcher is a 3rd person RPG hard to compare really. I personally could not get into the witcher games. I prefer my WRPGs to be more of the Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, and Fall Out variety.

Wolfenstein was fun, it was actually my 1st platinum ever. (I platinum Infamous like 2 weeks later)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Good review. If Bethesda was smart they'd put the developers behind this game on Doom 4.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

starcraft said:
Locknuts said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Nice review! I have been meaning to buy this for a while and now I might (during the steam sale) cause it does sound fun!

Is there a Steam sale coming for this game?

As Jizz Beard said, likely during Christmas. Its still very expensive on the Australian Steam Store.

JB Hi-Fi had the Xbox One and PS4 versions for $59AUD yesterday though, which is a lot better!

Yeah I saw it for $54 on PS4 used. I'll probably get the PS4 version as idtech5 games don't play nice with my SLI rig.

bigjon said:
The witcher is a 3rd person RPG hard to compare really. I personally could not get into the witcher games. I prefer my WRPGs to be more of the Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, and Fall Out variety.

Wolfenstein was fun, it was actually my 1st platinum ever. (I platinum Infamous like 2 weeks later)

Mass Effect is my favourite RPG of all time, hopefully my experience with the Witcher is better than yours!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Good review. If Bethesda was smart they'd put the developers behind this game on Doom 4.

God, the development hell that game is in just screams Duke Nukem.

Nice job on a well-written review.

You make it sound like a game that I would enjoy. Single player FPS where I can use stealth is one of my favorite types of games. I play slow and tactical. From what I've seen, the atmosphere is something I'd like, as well.

One of the reasons I like user reviews is that there is usually little of the "points off because it's not revolutionary" stuff.

pokoko said:
Nice job on a well-written review.

You make it sound like a game that I would enjoy. Single player FPS where I can use stealth is one of my favorite types of games. I play slow and tactical. From what I've seen, the atmosphere is something I'd like, as well.

One of the reasons I like user reviews is that there is usually little of the "points off because it's not revolutionary" stuff.

Thanks

Some of the reviews of console versions appeared (not explicit) to mark the game down for not having multiplayer. I don't agree with doing that, because that isnt what the game is, or what it is meant to be!

I should clarify, the entire game isn't playable by stealth. But there are long stretches that are, and there is normally an option to at least start each section with stealth. Sometimes you'll run in and get your ass kicked (higher difficulty) before realising there is a vent that you could instead cut open, and use to kill a commander before he can call reinforcements, leaving you with an easier fight subsequently.

I am in 100% agreement.

Have the game myself and would definitely give it a score of 8.5.

It really shows how a fps single player can be done right.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
I am in 100% agreement.

Have the game myself and would definitely give it a score of 8.5.

It really shows how a fps single player can be done right.

Absolutely. No one tries anymore though. Even Bioshock is increasingly experimenting with multiplayer, as is Uncharted.