By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whos the next big Publisher?

koch media (aka deep silver) and microsoft after the mincraft aquisition

imho both will be much bigger than last time.
i can see sony in a slightly decline because of less first party games on ps4 while the third party are way stronger than last gen.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

sweetoothj said:

I think Microsoft is becoming the biggest publisher in the industry. Halo, Gears , Minecraft, Forza, Killer Instinct. Also, Microsoft is grabbing exclusive rights to publish/co publish third party games like Dead rising, Ryse, Tomb Raider, Titan Fall. I know there may be some disagrees, but you can't argue that they've improved.

They don't own Killer Instinct, Rare does. I think Rare might be sold by Microsoft soon, they just aren't making any quality games anymore, not even as good as early Xbox 360 years.

Surely by owning RARE they own Killer Instinct by default?

RARE seem to have been more involved in R&D and proof of concept lately rather than software development. It would be sad, if most of the talent that made RARE who they were hadn't already left decades ago.

Like I said, I think they might sell it soon. Oh well, a woman can dream.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Deep Silver and MS seem to be safe bets!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
MikeRox said:

Surely by owning RARE they own Killer Instinct by default?

RARE seem to have been more involved in R&D and proof of concept lately rather than software development. It would be sad, if most of the talent that made RARE who they were hadn't already left decades ago.

Like I said, I think they might sell it soon. Oh well, a woman can dream.

Even if they were to sell Rare they may decide to keep their ips for themselves though, especially if they are doing well which seems to be the case for KI and considering Rare aren't even the ones developing it....

Noooooooooo! I'll hate Microsoft even more than I did when they made Halo 2 a Vista exclusive if they do that! 

AZWification said:

Deep Silver and MS seem to be safe bets!

MS is already the 6th largest publisher.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!