By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which of these 3 can boost sales the most Yoshi,Splatoon, or Mario Maker(WiiU 1st half 2015 Games)?

???

Yoshi WW 9 19.15%

Splatoon 23 48.94%

Mario Maker 15 31.91%

Total:47

I could easily see Mario Maker going viral if they make it easy to share levels and rate them.

Around the Network

Splatoon but I doubt by very much

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mario Maker

As much as I'd like to say Yoshi or Splatoon, I feel like Mario Maker is going to be a lot bigger than most people realize. Well, much bigger than Yoshi or Splatoon.

Mario maker could do a lot for the system if done right. Like flipnote studio did for the dsi.

I'm personally far more interested in investing my time into making Mario levels than I ever was for little big planet. Don't want to be negative towards little big planet but it doesn't have anywhere like the tight controls and mechanics of a Mario game.

Assuming Mario Makers editor is good and flexible I don't think there's any competition.

I don't think any of them are going to create much of a boost. They will likely all be a lot of fun though :)

Around the Network

Neither.

But I'll go ahead and go with Yoshi tho

If done right, Mario Maker. If Mario Maker has the right tools and the right sharing capabilities, then it'll go very viral very quickly. I think Splatoon has a lot of potential as well, though.

NNID: TheCCluc

Established IP > New IP > What another 2D Mario milking?

So Yoshi > Splatoon > Mario Maker.

My 8th gen collection

Never said:

Mario maker could do a lot for the system if done right. Like flipnote studio did for the dsi.

I'm personally far more interested in investing my time into making Mario levels than I ever was for little big planet. Don't want to be negative towards little big planet but it doesn't have anywhere like the tight controls and mechanics of a Mario game.

Assuming Mario Makers editor is good and flexible I don't think there's any competition.

Yeah, I see Mario Maker on a whole other level than LBP.  A huge part of the gameplay in MM is the actual level creation itself because it's so intuitive - the way you can jump in and out of the level on the fly and the ease of use of the touchscreen make creating levels part of the fun.

Imagine a commercial that begins similarly to the first 20 seconds or so of the E3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLS458ekSEI

I think that would get a lot of people's attention.  Mario Maker shows some of the best use for the Gamepad so far, it kinda capitalizes on the whole Minecraft creation craze, and it does these things with a game that is hugely recognizable.  That could go a long way toward mass-market appeal.  In fact, I think that a lot of people here underestimate it simply because it may be tailored toward a broader audience than what a core gamer may be looking for.

If Nintendo advertises it right and sells it for the right price ($39.99 for the game, $249 WiiU bundle), I think it could be a wildcard for the WiiU that many people didn't see coming.