By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XV : Very impressive gameplay and one hour démo !

Aerys said:
A 2015 release is now very likely

As I was saying to someone else, if Duke Nukem was able to return from the deepest depths of development hell, anything can.  

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Aerys said:
A 2015 release is now very likely

As I was saying to someone else, if Duke Nukem was able to return from the deepest depths of development hell, anything can.  

Well let's hope that coming back from development hell is the only thing those 2 games have in common.

OT: Looks good, I just hope the RPG aspect of the game doesn't come short.

pfft driving cars...

FFVII have Airship, Motorcycle, Submarines, Buggy, Tiny Bronco, Chocobo.

Anyways don't listen to that guy. He obviously has a condition.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
pfft driving cars...

And all of those had of course been revealed over a year before launch.

DerNebel said:
deskpro2k3 said:
pfft driving cars...

And all of those had of course been revealed over a year before launch.

I remember Nomura saying a few years back that there will be a map, and will be able to look down from your airship. Hope that still in there.

Around the Network

I don't read j'nese, so i can't make out what were on the menus.... but here is my take on how the game controls and combat.

• you can only control on character, the lead chracter. Just like you could only directly control Sora in Kingdom hearts.
  • you have a party of 3 additional chracters following you at all times, later on in the game you will probably be able to mix up those chracters.
  • Party members are more like special move sets than actual characters, so getting the right mix of a team is important for certain kinda scenarios.
  • You can select which enemies which member of your party attacks. You can also call specific members of your party to assist you.
  • In addition to teleporting to specific areas on the map, you can teleport to the exact location of any of your party members.
  • Using certain spells seem to leave you weak afterwards.
  • When around party members you can use contextual party based moves. I suspect there is more than one move set for any chracter you are near, probably offence and defence. This should also work like it did in kingdom hearts, though this time its probably a lot more complicated.
  • Highly likely that camera panning left and right will be done with the shoulder buttons like in kingdom hearts too. Cause menu navigation and selection (bottom left of the screen) also appears to be in realtime and contextual  (just like in Kingdom hearts) and that was done with the right stick while you moved the character around with the left stick and the camera with the triggers.
this is what i have got so far from watching the vid.....

Noctis teleporting reminds me of Minato, and his hairstyle, Sasuke. lol

A holiday 2015 Japanese launch is possible, isn't it?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

For someone who has purchase FF and isn't that big of a fan, i was pretty impressed with the trailer, I really liked the car idea, driving from location to location etc. Has raised my interest.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Looks much better than anything SE has released recently.