By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Explains Why Halo: Master Chief Collection Isn't Coming to PC, Doesn't Rule Out a Future PC Release

prayformojo said:
Aura7541 said:
MS shouldn't have said that.... They should have just put their foot down and say Halo: MCC is Xbox One-only. The last thing you want to do is inadvertently convince people to wait for the PC version to come out, especially after what we saw with Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

Yeah but, how many people will be playing it by the time it drops for PC? That's why I would get the console game at launch if I were going to get it. With games like this, online community is the life blood of Halo games. When they dry up, the game does the same imo.

The PC gamer userbase is very big, not to mention they will enjoy a better and smoother experience than on an X1. Steam is really huge. Just look at how high the FFXIII preorders are on Steam despite it being 4 years old.

Around the Network

Well, I'm not buying an Xbox One no matter what exclusives they pump out for it. So if they release it on PC, sure I'll buy it, and love it, I'll bet. If they don't? Well, then, I won't play it.

Aura7541 said:
prayformojo said:
Aura7541 said:
MS shouldn't have said that.... They should have just put their foot down and say Halo: MCC is Xbox One-only. The last thing you want to do is inadvertently convince people to wait for the PC version to come out, especially after what we saw with Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

Yeah but, how many people will be playing it by the time it drops for PC? That's why I would get the console game at launch if I were going to get it. With games like this, online community is the life blood of Halo games. When they dry up, the game does the same imo.

The PC gamer userbase is very big, not to mention they will enjoy a better and smoother experience than on an X1. Steam is really huge. Just look at how high the FFXIII preorders are on Steam despite it being 4 years old.

Yeah but, what is the comparison between Halo PC players and Halo Xbox players during their respective launch periods? I'd wager that Halo 2 on Xbox has FAR more players online than the PC port, even when it launched. That's what I'm saying here. Even if they release this on PC, by the time it does come out, it won't draw in the same amount of players and the community will be tiny by comparison.

prayformojo said:
Aura7541 said:
prayformojo said:
Aura7541 said:

Yeah but, what is the comparison between Halo PC players and Halo Xbox players during their respective launch periods? I'd wager that Halo 2 on Xbox has FAR more players online than the PC port, even when it launched. That's what I'm saying here. Even if they release this on PC, by the time it does come out, it won't draw in the same amount of players and the community will be tiny by comparison.

Not fair. Halo 2 PC is a POS. It was restricted to Vista. And doesn't install right under windows 7/8. It was gonna fail no matter what, with Vista's position back then.

You know if the X1 completely tanks I wouldn't be surprised if they brought all of the Halo's to PC.

Around the Network
swbf2lord said:
Well, I'm not buying an Xbox One no matter what exclusives they pump out for it. So if they release it on PC, sure I'll buy it, and love it, I'll bet. If they don't? Well, then, I won't play it.

Sound like a fanboy. For all you know one of the games you will miss out would have been your favorite game of all time. Why do that to yourself

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
swbf2lord said:

Sound like a fanboy. For all you know one of the games you will miss out would have been your favorite game of all time. Why do that to yourself

Does he have to be a fanboy just because he wants to save money on hardware he doesn't want. Come on. I'm the same way. I only want Halo from MS. The rest of the stuff they make exclusivly, I don't like. Gears Of War I almost liked. Because of John Diamagio voicing Marcus. But didn't go for it. So there's no reason for me to get the console. But have no problem not playing Halo, past Halo 1 PC.

kinda now puts me off of getting an Xbox One for this if PC aint ruled out.

Why would they release a PC version of MCC in the first place? Only the first 2 games in the series came to PC, and that was because they were on the original Xbox with a limited install base at a time when PC was far and away the platform of choice for shooters.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

archer9234 said:
kinisking said:
swbf2lord said:

Does he have to be a fanboy just because he wants to save money on hardware he doesn't want. Come on. I'm the same way. I only want Halo from MS. The rest of the stuff they make exclusivly, I don't like. Gears Of War I almost liked. Because of John Diamagio voicing Marcus. But didn't go for it. So there's no reason for me to get the console. But have no problem not playing Halo, past Halo 1 PC.

I said sounds like a fanboy for a reason. Did you even try gears? And you haven't read them so how do you know you don't like them. And how are you not interested in any when they have a game for every genrre

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion