By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Closed the Gap 220k So Far This Month Homies

Yay? I assume this gen is going to see a lot of fighting between Xbox and Nintendo fans? Nintendo got to sit out last time so I guess it's Sonys turn. It remains to be seen if MS will ever get a turn.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I hope the WiiU stays in front.I don't have one, but would buy it over an X1. Nintendo offers a more unique console with better games than MS.

There's conflicting information on the chart.

On the one hand, the X1 IS overtaking ground on the Wii U thanks to Madden, and doing it fast. Then the other shoe drops; the PS4 has a commanding sales lead in North America, both in units sold in North America and Madden Sales. The X1 can't even hold its own market. Essentially, the PS4 now has so much inertia that any cross-platform release translates to a PS4 victory.

That will put much more pressure on Microsoft than on Nintendo. Microsoft and Sony are very much in direct competition, especially for the North American market. Nintendo is off doing its own thing.

For what it's worth, I will give the Wii U one more year to redeem itself. Zelda still isn't out yet, and while I don't think that will *save* the system, good Zelda and Xeno games will give the Wii U a moral victory of "we lost no consumer good will."

DragonMan said:
I hope the WiiU stays in front.I don't have one, but would buy it over an X1. Nintendo offers a more unique console with better games than MS.

Better games is all about opinion....I personally think MS offers better games than Nin. But that is because I prefer more of the games that MS makes than I do the games that Nin makes.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
DragonMan said:

Better games is all about opinion....I personally think MS offers better games than Nin. But that is because I prefer more of the games that MS makes than I do the games that Nin makes.

Nah it's fact.MS has nothing like Zelda. That one game is better than anything MSG studious has created til this day.I don't even like Nintendo, but I would choose their games.

Around the Network

SSBU will open the gap so XONE won't reach WiiU in another gen.

personally i think xbo passing wii u is less important since
they are both committed to different markets(sorta)
but congratz to xbo when it happens

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

kitler53 said:

while i approve of this thread,.. if you're going to do it do it right.

Xbox One Wii U Difference
Sept 6th 124,736 40,562 84,174
Sept 13th 171,486 39,222 132,264
Sept 20th      
Sept 27th      
Oct 4th      
Oct 11th      
Oct 18th      
Oct 25th      
Nov 1st      
Nov 8th      
Nov 15th      
Nov 22nd      
Nov 29th      
Dec 6th      
Dec 13th      
Dec 20th      
Dec 27th      
Holiday Total     216,438
Pre Holiday Total 5,111,415 7,133,347 -2,021,932
Cumulative Total 5,407,637 7,213,131 -1,805,494

let's see if that lower right cell is still negative at the end of the holidays.

I like this format very much, can we put it in the opening? It would be helpful. I don't think it will pass it this year, but it will be a close call, the games coming for Wii U are great but they mostly appeal only to the Nintendo fans, only exception seems Bayonetta 2, but I don't see many buying the console just for that game. The lack of those third party games "that we don't care for" are really hurting the console sales.

Well, the Wii U will probably push the One back a bit in november, but the One will eventually overtake the WiiU

closed the gap to what?

the WiiU? since when has nintendo been competition to MS homie?

damage is done it took a yr to overtake the wiiu which might end up being nintendos worst selling console (sub 20M LT) not much of a accomplishment

Play Me