By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Free "The Best RPGs Are On Xbox 360" DVD available at Gamestop

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/bestrpgs/

Free DVD at Gamestop

"Stop by your local GameStop retailer and pick up a free DVD highlighting some of the best RPGs on the system. The DVD has exclusive trailers and videos from all your favorite RPGs, and features special preview scenes from Fable 2. Did you miss the Sci-Fi Channel's special "Sci vs. Fi: Mass Effect" show? Well, that too is included on the DVD so you can explore the realism of the intergalactic world of Commander Shepard and Mass Effect."

Around the Network

Best RPG's? I suppose the Final Fantasy franchise doesn't count.

That's pretty cool. I'll be sure to pick it up next time I'm in gamestop.

DogWeed said:

I believe it means "best RPG on xbox360"

Is this program paid by Microsoft? I would rather they focus on actually MAKING enough console and rid this whole "Oh, we are losing to PS3 but only because we are having a shortage" joke. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
DogWeed said:

Not all of us have a raging hard-on for the FF franchise. IX was the last one I enjoyed.

Besides, it's still a year away. Right now, the 360 unquestionably has the best RPG lineup out of the three consoles. ES, LO, BD, ME, Oblivion, etc.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Yes, at the moment the 360 has by far the best RPG lineup of the current gen stationary consoles. There's no doubt and no denial.

DogWeed said:

Final Fantasy is just like any other RPG. The 360 has JRPG's available *right now* that can go toe-to-toe with any Final Fantasy made in the last 5 years. Final Fantasy doesn't do anything that Lost Odyssey can't do.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

rocketpig said:
DogWeed said:

Not all of us have a raging hard-on for the FF franchise. IX was the last one I enjoyed.

Besides, it's still a year away. Right now, the 360 unquestionably has the best RPG lineup out of the three consoles. ES, LO, BD, ME, Oblivion, etc.

Not hard to have the best when you have the only RPGs... >_>

Anyway, I agree with you completely on FF rocketpig.  IX was the only good 3D FF game period, and the series has sucked since it went 3D other than IX.  

Personally, I prefer the PS3's future JRPG list to the 360's current JRPG list, but that's because of Valkyrie of the Battlefield and White Knight Story.  Not because of Square's shitty FF games. 

Riot Of The Blood said:
DogWeed said:

Final Fantasy is just like any other RPG. The 360 has JRPG's available *right now* that can go toe-to-toe with any Final Fantasy made in the last 5 years. Final Fantasy doesn't do anything that Lost Odyssey can't do.

You should add /sarcasm or PS3 fanboy will mistake you for a 360 fanboy and start some dumb thread or reply with the usual rhetorics.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

naznatips said:
rocketpig said:
DogWeed said:

Not hard to have the best when you have the only RPGs... >_>

Anyway, I agree with you completely on FF rocketpig. IX was the only good 3D FF game period, and the series has sucked since it went 3D other than IX.

Personally, I prefer the PS3's future JRPG list to the 360's current JRPG list, but that's because of Valkyrie of the Battlefield and White Knight Story. Not because of Square's shitty FF games.

Agreed. The PS3 has some JRPGs on the way that look great. I just wonder when/if any of them will release. At times it seems as if I've been listening to fanboys blather on and on about FFXIII since the late 90s.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/