By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Marketed Destiny Gives XB1 Significant Boost in UK, #Mythbusted

Myth Busted?

Myth Busted. 73 100.00%

Total:73

(i will write the same thread for hyrule warriors soon ;) ) when i see numbers i will congratulate xbone!i am one of the doubters but never write with certainty that wont get a boost,others are writing with certainty...

Around the Network

-1 Internets for a stupid poll

Also, consider sales data from outside US/UK because it may paint a different narrative

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Is the boost really from destiny or from having any game you want for free for that week?

Xbox console will always be able to sell a shooter. Been that ways since day one back in 2001.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Train wreck said:
Bungie being a former Microsoft developer helped increase Xbox one sales, Sony needed the advertising to win over those who like:

1. FPS's which overwhelming did better on previous gen hardware for Microsoft than Sony
2. Bungie which made games exclusively for Xbox 360 prior gen.

for the rest of the games you outlined, the Microsoft boost will be insignificant and will represent more Watch Dog percentages than Destiny

Don't be so sure, Microsoft has exclusive marketing will mltiple multiplats this year and next such as Assasin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquizition, Call of Duty, and Fiffa 15.

These multiplats are bound to raise X1 hardware, just like madden 15 and Destiny did.

I know a lot of people here seem to think that nobody would buy an X1 for multiplats, but believe me, here in the US people do.

People will go wherever their friends are, and if thier friends are still on the Xbox, then thats where they will go.

Around the Network

Why have we got another thread about this?

Yet to see any theory that holds water guys, your excuses are poor and selective.

Again, was it Madden that boosted the Xbox One or was it free Madden? I vote that free stuff has a bigger impact on pushing units than stuff you have to pay for.

Of course Destiny boosted X1, it wasnt the only reason tho it also got a big boost in the UK that week as it was down to £309, undercutting PS4, £120 cheaper than the consoles launch price less than a year in.

Um okay.

This just in: a new IP sells consoles.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros