By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will sell more in Japan 2015; PS4 or Wii U

Who will sell more in 2015?

PS4 235 51.54%

Wii U 170 37.28%

Too close to call 49 10.75%

Total:454

After TGS sony upped their game. Who do you think will sell more next year in Japan?  Bolded means exclusive and since its japan I counted Xbox One multiplats as exclusive.

PS4;

Q1: Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy Type 0, Evolve, The Order 1886, Battlefield Hardline, Farcry 4, Disegea 5

TBA:
Yakuza Zero,
Deep Down, 
Resident Evil Revelations 2,
Everybody's Golf,
Ys,
Persona 5,
Dragon Quest Heroes,
Tekken 7,
Metal Gear Solid 5,
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, 
Gundam,
Silent Hill
Ratchet and Clank Remade

Uncharted 4,
Final Fantasy XV

Wii U:  

Q1: Smash Bros Momentum!

TBA:
Mario Maker,
Yoshi Wolly World,  
Mario Party 8,
Devils 3rd,
Xenoblade chronicles X,
Splatoon,
Pokken Fighter (likely),
The Legend of Zelda,
Star Fox

Around the Network

PS4, easily.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

"Q1 : Smash bros Momentum" says it all really.

How can you not have a game release for an quarter and hope to compete...

Great console but it has been really let down by these droughts

This even a question? PS4's lineup destroys WiiU for 2015. The biggest title Nintendo and that's never been huge in Japan.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

PS4, duh. I'm assuming SqEnix and Altus don't delay their RPG lineups.

As for the Wii U, I expect some of the games on that exclusive list to be available by Q1 2015.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

PS4 should have a pretty good chance. Would be tough with Smash but without this is more than possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PS4 managed to outsell the WiiU quite a couple of times already with nothing major on available on the system. How do you think it will look like when it starts getting the bigger games next year?

siddhartha87 said:
"Q1 : Smash bros Momentum" says it all really.

How can you not have a game release for an quarter and hope to compete...

Great console but it has been really let down by these droughts

lol, well there probably will be something but Nintendo haven't confirmed anything yet. I think Yoshi, Devils Thrid and Mario Maker are all strong contenders for a Q1 releases.

PS4 will crush U. There will be zero Smash bros momentum since 3DS version has already killed WiiU version in Japan.

teigaga said:

After TGS sony upped their game. Who do you think will sell more next year in Japan?  Bolded means exclusive and since its japan I counted Xbox One multiplats as exclusive.

PS4;

Q1: Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy Type 0, Evolve, The Order 1886, Battlefield, Disegea 5

TBA: Yakuza Zero, Deep Down, Dragon Quest Heroes, Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid 5, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Gundam, Ratchet and Clank RemadeUncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV

You're missing quite a lot : Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Q1), Hyperdimension Neptune V-II (TBA), Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force (TBA), Resident Evil Revelations 2 & Rebirth (TBA), Everybody's Golf (TBA), Far Cry 4 (Q1), BF Hardline (TBA), God Eater 2 Rage Burst (TBA), Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (TBA), BladeStorm (TBA), Ys (TBA), Persona 5 (TBA), Silent Hills (TBA), Let it Die (TBA)

Saying the 3DS version of Smash has influenced Wii U version sales in Japan sounds pretty realistic. And I don't see a big chance for the Wii U to outsell the PS4 next year.