By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Romantic Advice Thread

Tagged games:

trashleg said:
^. Smell good and your struggle is halved.

that reminds me..

carry smints with you.. bad breath (or coffee breath) is such a turn off..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
kirby007 said:
last min tips!!!
nothing is sexier than confidence!
being willing to be vulnerable but press forward anyway because you know you can overcome it

oh and basic stuff dont smell, try and make her laugh, make e2e contact all the time and respect the bitch !

Last minute tip? By the time he actually makes contact its gonna be mid october at this pace.. He hopes he sees her today.. his stalking skills are the worst.. he didn't even tried: "hey are you going to the career fair?".. Which is a perfectly fine normal question which Mr Kahn could actually use in real life man to women conversation..

She didn't even show up today (or hasn't, as of 5 minutes into the class), so there's that.

Will update, perhaps.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
NiKKoM said:
kirby007 said:
last min tips!!!
nothing is sexier than confidence!
being willing to be vulnerable but press forward anyway because you know you can overcome it

oh and basic stuff dont smell, try and make her laugh, make e2e contact all the time and respect the bitch !

Last minute tip? By the time he actually makes contact its gonna be mid october at this pace.. He hopes he sees her today.. his stalking skills are the worst.. he didn't even tried: "hey are you going to the career fair?".. Which is a perfectly fine normal question which Mr Kahn could actually use in real life man to women conversation..

She didn't even show up today (or hasn't, as of 5 minutes into the class), so there's that.

Will update, perhaps.

perhaps? you are obliged now

aside from sounding his usual hard self kylie is right.
if this girl doesn't work out you can find a different girl to gaze at

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

KylieDog said:

Grow a pair of balls and ask her out.

1. If she is in a relationship, you'll find out then and can stop wasting time over her.

2. If she not interested, you can stop wasting time over her.

3. If she is interested, the date is where you do 'fact finding' from the best source: herself.

4. The date is just a meeting and chatting, You're not in a relationship, so no romance or any of that crap.

Why do people overcomplicate this stuff.

Inexperience, in my case. Haven't tried in four damn years, don't have a damn clue what i'm doing.

She is in class today. And, apparently, *required* to go to the career fair for a new-student session (something i took last semester when i was a new student), so it wouldn't work anyway because she's there, but as part of a group. So there's that.

Next week, people.

KylieDog said:
Mr Khan said:

Inexperience, in my case. Haven't tried in four damn years, don't have a damn clue what i'm doing.

She is in class today. And, apparently, *required* to go to the career fair for a new-student session (something i took last semester when i was a new student), so it wouldn't work anyway because she's there, but as part of a group. So there's that.

Next week, people.

Only one way to cure that, ask her. 

You'll probably be rejected because fact is there are more rejections than successes in the pursuit of love, but it isn't the rejections that matter and you shouldn't put much care towards them.

Oh, i agree it'll likely be so. Fortunately this year (as my tag suggests) i'm working on rebuilding my social life because i finally have a job which lets me keep nights and weekends free. As i said in the OP, i "met" her at a party (had actually met her before that but not noticed her), and there will be more parties to be had for sure.

Just don't want to pussyfoot around this as i too often have in the past.

She did, however, stop me after class today (before she spirited off to the career fair) to bring up a point i had made during the lecture. It happened to be the unfortunate topic of sex-selective abortions (we weren't getting into a whole life/choice thing, just discussing some of the cultural factors which impact the phenomenon, specifically in India, which is her ethnic background)

Isn't a bad sign, anyway. She's more likely to at least give it a shot, or be a potential friend in the other event.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

She did, however, stop me after class today (before she spirited off to the career fair) to bring up a point i had made during the lecture. It happened to be the unfortunate topic of sex-selective abortions (we weren't getting into a whole life/choice thing, just discussing some of the cultural factors which impact the phenomenon, specifically in India, which is her ethnic background)

Isn't a bad sign, anyway. She's more likely to at least give it a shot, or be a potential friend in the other event.

"Lets discuss this with a cup of coffee" xD

Anyway.. I have the feeling we are putting you under pressure.. but relax.. we only want you to have the confidence to take that step.. nothing more, nothing less.. it's about you not us.. we had/have all our romantic drama's of our own.

Did someone say under pressure?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

NiKKoM said:

"Lets discuss this with a cup of coffee" xD

Anyway.. I have the feeling we are putting you under pressure.. but relax.. we only want you to have the confidence to take that step.. nothing more, nothing less.. it's about you not us.. we had/have all our romantic drama's of our own.

Holy shit you're amazing. How are you so good? :D

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Trying to vet local coffee shops, as i'm resolved to ask her "for coffee" (or some equivalent light meal/drink), next Wednesday, but it's a very dense college district, so I worry about overcrowding. Sadly something i can only ask local people about, and it's hard to do so without offing my hand.

Key is that i only have an hour, which is a good thing because it provides a safe, no-pressure exit from the scenario, keeping it light and casual, but then it doesn't do if we have to spend a lot of time searching for a venue.

Mr Khan said:
Trying to vet local coffee shops, as i'm resolved to ask her "for coffee" (or some equivalent light meal/drink), next Wednesday, but it's a very dense college district, so I worry about overcrowding. Sadly something i can only ask local people about, and it's hard to do so without offing my hand.

Key is that i only have an hour, which is a good thing because it provides a safe, no-pressure exit from the scenario, keeping it light and casual, but then it doesn't do if we have to spend a lot of time searching for a venue.

Seriously.. Relax.. You're putting way too much thought into it.. You're over expecting things right now making it dissappointing whatever happens.. She could say: "maybe another time".. And then we have 20+ replies in a new thread about the meaning of that.. Just try to wing it.. Where ever you ask her, just point to a direction and say "lets go there".. Even a nice walk and talk is at this point a win for you.. your worried about overcrowding? You haven't even asked her for coffee.. xD 

And don't you go thinking about what you are gonna talk about in that hour.. Waste of time, its never ever gonna be how you imagine it.. If trashleg and I would say 5 things to talk about it would be 9 different thing and 1 common and that is your study. An hour could be long or short but you'll only know it then.. So don't put energy into thinking about that (which is easy for me to say cause I'm a easy smooth talker, but seeing you posting here i know you can wing it..)

Step by step.. Relax.. Go play videogames.. You're gonna drive yourself nuts before wednesday..