By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 6 September 2014

The Global charts page shows different numbers for Sep. 6th.  Also doesn't make any since the PS4 on being at 10.3 million. I'm really looking forward to Sony's next sales announcement to see how far VGC is off this next time. 

Global Hardware by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
PS4 133,462 (-13%) 10,339,687
XOne 124,736 (+55%) 5,236,151

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
So does this count as first week of September even though it includes one day of August?

Yes.

NickK said:
Numbers must be wrong... X1 so high, 3DS so low and Wii U WTH?!

Hope there is a mistake.

(Part of)Tier 2 launch for Xbox One, New 3DS (I think that was announced that week), and Wii U has been falling for a while (Over tracking). Nothing is wrong

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

cheshirescat said:
Damagon said:
PotentHerbs said:
Jega's thread killed me forreal lol especially since I seen the updated numbers before! Although nice XOne numbers, it's refreshing to see it close to the PS4 in Europe.

I thought it was incredibly "convenient" how that thread was ok for hours, but as soon as the adjustment happens BAM locked because we are supposed to discuss sales on this thread.

I figured the mods just closed it out of pity.

FINISH HIM!!!  (gets a little life back by locking thread).  Mods. Show. Mercy.

CGI-Quality said:
DonFerrari said:
Seems like most people were correct in expecting adjustments and X1 to be overtracked... Now Carl looks a little silly =]

In fairness, he did say: "Stop the overtrack nonsense unless we have numbers from other trackers that say otherwise". Technically, he wasn't wrong

Technically he is wrong because the numbers got adjusted without number from any other tracker... and I said a little silly because the situation made him seem like that not that his claim was silly =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wii U numbers approaching pre-Mario Kart sales. I wonder if the average after Christmas will be more much more than last years.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:

Xbox One in EU last week : 15k
Xbox One in EU this week: 44k

Seriously, what happened ?

Could be Destiny? I dunno what's going on.

Wii U & Vita are dying... Come on people they're good... :S

QUAKECore89 said:
Dadrik said:

The extra 30k came from the addition countires in launced in that week. 

During this week, it launched in:

9/2:  Chile and Colombia
9/4:  Japan
9/5:  Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates

That was the fabled tier 2 launch everyone was talking about.

CosmicSex said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Dadrik said:

The extra 30k came from the addition countires in launced in that week. 

During this week, it launched in:

9/2:  Chile and Colombia
9/4:  Japan
9/5:  Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates

That was the fabled tier 2 launch everyone was talking about.

9/23: China?

So let me get this straight...Vgchartz released september 06 HW numbers showing Xbox one > PS4 globally(not in US :P) and in less than a day they already adjusted down?

Plus,based on past weeks,isn't PS4 a little lower than it should? maybe undertracked this week?

Bonus: How much undertracked is PS4(total) right now?