By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 6 September 2014

Wth!! Firstly, Why would the Japanese want to buy the western system with no games over there home consoles PS4 or WiiU for instance? WiiU which has Hyrule Warriors that's just come out, Fatal Frame 5 coming this month, Bayonetta 1&2 coming in October and Smash Bros??? What's wrong with the Japanese gamers, Or is this just the handful of crazy xbox fans in Japan that went out and bought it at launch.

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
Wth!! Firstly, Why would the Japanese want to buy the western system with no games over there home consoles PS4 or WiiU for instance? WiiU which has Hyrule Warriors that's just come out, Fatal Frame 5 coming this month, Bayonetta 1&2 coming in October and Smash Bros??? What's wrong with the Japanese gamers, Or is this just the handful of crazy xbox fans in Japan that went out and bought it at launch.

Is it really upsetting you that much? Why?

jlmurph2 said:
MegaDrive08 said:

Is it really upsetting you that much? Why?

Its kinda pointless to get upset.  They obviosly don't want it as the lauch numbers have indicated.  He is making it sound like 25k is really earth shattering or something.  LOL.  The 360 which was a complete fail in Japan had a launch over twice the size.

Oh god I hope Wii U will still be more than 20% up YOY before November hits. Mario Kart can only do so much and Smash Bros isn't truly exclusive to the system. Hopefully Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors can generate some decent sales.

It's just made me wonder, out of these 24 thousand gamers, how many own a PS4 or WiiU, and the ones that don't, why would you buy an Xbox One over a system that has games coming out right up until christmas, further more I really don't understand the Japanese, maybe I've woke up in the twilight zone, I'm going back to sleep, sweet dreams vgchartz

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
It's just made me wonder, out of these 24 thousand gamers, how many own a PS4 or WiiU, and the ones that don't, why would you buy an Xbox One over a system that has games coming out right up until christmas, further more I really don't understand the Japanese, maybe I've woke up in the twilight zone, I'm going back to sleep, sweet dreams vgchartz

It's not the Japanese. Launch weeks are about 20-30x the resulting baseline figures, so we can expect weekly sales to fall to 1k or less in short order.

Anyway, there is a substantial foreign population in Japan. And 25k is beyond horrible as a launch figure. At that rate it will die in less than a year there.

Japan's home console market is dying rapidly anyway. WiiU is the most successful by far, but massively outsold by Vita, which in turn is massively outsold by 3DS. PS4 will improve (and maybe eventually replace WiiU as the 'winning' home console), but will never put up the big numbers of Gen7 and earlier.

TLDR : it's irrelevant any way you cut it. XB1 failed in Japan, hard. But if those 25k sales bothered you, don't worry. Next week will be 3-4k at most. Then 2k, then 1800, then 1250, etc into oblivion. Hell, look at PS4, launched at what, a 300kish week? Now at less than 10k/week? Yep, that's Japan + home console = death.

MegaDrive08 said:

it sold 2 time less then xbox360 and about 10 times less then PS4 and Wii ,their are just xbox fans who buy it

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Lol XB1 adjusted down already. Still seems a little bit to much to me but I'll believe them and say congrats XB1 on a decent 2nd tier launch.

Xevross said:

Lol XB1 adjusted down already. Still seems a little bit to much to me but I'll believe them and say congrats XB1 on a decent 2nd tier launch.

not only to you bro:P 28k boost from 13 european countries,2.15k on average from each country,more than France and the same with Germany...even though it is the opening week, i still doubt it;) for sure, these...huge markets/countries Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland gave this big boost...

tak13 said:
Xevross said:

not only to you bro:P 28k boost from 13 european countries,2.15k on average from each country,more than France and the same with Germany...even though it is the opening week, i still doubt it;) for sure, these...huge markets/countries Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland gave this big boost...

Not to mention you could already buy XB1s in those places.