By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Live in Europe and Want to Play SSBB? Here you go!

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Wii-FreeLoader__EF000593.aspx

Wii FreeLoader

This is the one you’ve all been waiting for! Wii FreeLoader lets you play ANY region of Wii or GameCube game on your Nintendo Wii! At last, you can import games from other territories and play them on your Wii…

Videogamers the world over get really frustrated when games are released in other territories long before they reach the shops in their home country, if they ever get released at all. You want to play that blockbuster survival horror which is out in Japan three months before it hits the shelves elsewhere. What about the soccer or F1 sim which only gets a European release or a gridiron football or NBL baseball game that’s never released outside the States? Or maybe you bought an imported Wii because you wanted to get it early, and you now want to play games from your own region without buying a second machine. Well, now you can. With Wii FreeLoader, you can play ANY region of game on your Wii!

Wii FreeLoader is really easy to use. Simply insert your FreeLoader disc and load it in the usual way. When the drive stops, eject the Wii FreeLoader disc and insert the game, which then loads and plays just like it would on its own region of Wii. It’s as simple as that!

Wii FreeLoader is 100% unofficial, but as it requires no modifications to your console, it does not invalidate the warranty. As well as letting you play Wii games from all regions, Wii FreeLoader also works with imported GameCube games when played on your Wii. It won’t work in a GameCube console, though – for that, you need Freeloader for GameCube, also available from Codejunkies…

Features

* Play ANY region of Wii or GameCube game on ANY Wii.
    * Easy to use.
    * No console modification required.
    * Doesn’t invalidate warranty.
    * Play games never released in your region.
    * Play local games on your imported console.
    * 100% unofficial.

Around the Network

Uh... Fishy... it feels a little akward to have this posted to the site by a mod...

It's not illegal, but eh... i don't know.  Heh nevermind. 

I don't see an issue. It's not like it lets you play pirate games.

That sounds nice, I would buy one if I was sure the next firmware update wouldn't make it useless, especially with the weak dollar and all. However, I doubt that it will be the case.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Is there a way a firmware update would make this useless, or possibly brick your Wii? Admittedly I don't know too much of how this kinda stuff works.

Does anyone know the answers?

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network
cdude1034 said:
Is there a way a firmware update would make this useless, or possibly brick your Wii? Admittedly I don't know too much of how this kinda stuff works.

Since you run this disc from the Wii Menu, it's certainly possible for the firmware to check and recognize that you're using the freeloader disc, and from that point the firmware can do whatever it's programmed to do... shutting down the console, bricking it, whatever.

The question is whether Nintendo would be interested in doing that or not, and the answer is "I don't know".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

cdude1034 said:

I want it too (I had for GC), but there is a very high chance a firmware update would do that.

This kind of product exploits security holes in the game loading code. Obviously, Nintendo wants to fix such bugs to maintain the absurdly high margins in Europe relative to the US.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Now, to learn Japanese....

Answer: If you would rather play Brawl than go online with your Wii ever again, get this disc.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

DKII said:
Now, to learn Japanese....

Iterashai!