By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Live in Europe and Want to Play SSBB? Here you go!

* 100% unofficial

And let's wait Nintendo to block this one too when new update comes.

That's stance i'm taking until Datel answers my questions regarding can Nintendo make this useless with fw-update and if not possible when they release one with AR.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Around the Network

I am wondering what the problem with this is?
I can see that if it lets you use pirate copies it could be bad, but if you legally bought the game in Japan, whats the problem?
Am I missing something obvious here?

gorgepir said:
I can see that if it lets you use pirate copies it could be bad, but if you legally bought the game in Japan, whats the problem?

Surely you have heard of region locking already? It would be great if it didn't exist, but unfortunately, both movie and game companies think it's a good idea.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'm seriously considering getting this. Never ordered anything online, but a few of my friends are probably getting it, and they'll probably agree to order one for me while they're at it.

In the best case scenario there will never be a firmware update to block this, and it might even allow online play, but even in the worst case the update should be avoidable for quite a while, and paying 70ish dollars to get Brawl for a few months would be well worth it.

NJ5 said:
gorgepir said:

Surely you have heard of region locking already? It would be great if it didn't exist, but unfortunately, both movie and game companies think it's a good idea.

True, but still, I don't see why it is illegal?

I see your point that the companies would not accept it, just that I don't understand the reasoning.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Might be hard to tell how much Europe wants Brawl if half of its sales come from importing from the US.

I doubt the effect would even be noticable. Maybe a few thousand units at most.

Nintendo would still make money off of you buying the game, but you would be playing a game like brawl in a language you don't understand.

It's obvious you now nothing at all about this stuff, it will never get your wii brick blocked because it's just software Nintendo can't proof you used this, meaning they would have to replace or fix your console.

It still costs money to deal with each bricked unit even if they don't fix it. So bricking would be a bad option for something that doesn't really cost them money in the first place. Plus they would get tremendously bad publicity if they bricked units for just playing out of region games.

There are major compatibility issues with a lot of games on non native machines and this will not resolve them, this, along with the risk of bricking makes this pretty much useless imo.