By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and XBOX ONE, made of gold

Tagged games:

The amazing thing about this is, looking at todays prices, the amount of gold that actually goes in to this thing is about £2000, or $3000 worth. Talk about paying well over the odds even if it is made of gold!

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network

That's so tacky. I really dislike gold in general and especially when people have it on everything.

waste of gold... waste of money on a console.

I honestly find it tacky, even if I was swimming in cash, I wouldnt use it on something like this.

It sure would be nice to have this kind of money to blow on overpriced trash like this :l

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

novasonic said:
Just mathed it out and 220 grams of 9K gold is only worth about $3,300 USD. Sooo, yeah they're essentially scamming anyone that buys this.

3,300 in gold

400 in ps4

shipping

labor

profit, the point of a business and frankly the right and privilege of an entrepreneur. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Thankfully I didn't get a PS4 yet, so now I can wait until I can get the gold one.

The real question is, does the gold melt when the console starts heating up?

gold melts at almost 2,000 degrees F.  https://www.google.com/search?q=melting+point+gold&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

it's not melting.

bonkeng said:
novasonic said:
For $13k, that's only gold plated. Lame. Solid gold or nothing for me.

Here you go....

"The Collectors Edition Solid Gold Xbox One is made from 220 grams of 9 karat yellow gold, according to the GattiLuxury Instagram account, and is pure gold, not gold plated. The Limited Edition PS4 in Solid Gold, meanwhile, includes 226 grams of 9 karat yellow gold."

It's 9karat which means it's been watered down. 24karat or its as good as plastic :p

Juat imagine the price of those things in 15 years.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

BraLoD said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

I made them in Minecraft!

Quite a quick response, huh

I was clearing threads where people replied to me.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!