Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Anita Sarkeesian fabricate the death threats made against her on twitter?

So, Richard_Feynman 

Just so I understand this - You are saying that we should continue treating women poorly/unfairly because there are more important economic/geopolitical issues going on in the world right now. Excuse me, but come on - that's a pretty bullshitty response. If you believe in capitalism so much I would think you would applaud Ms. Sarkeesian on running a successful Kickstarter campaign. She saw demand in a topic that interested her and she followed through with it. She has marketed herself excellently , obviously, because here we are discussing her. You have to respect that. 

Enough w/ the diversion. Of course there are a lot of important things going on in the world right now. And what are we both doing... Visiting a video game website. So shut up jerk! 



run away! 

Around the Network
champybh said:

For all of you young-ins reading this thread.  Look at Richard_Feyman's comment here. Is this how you want to sound? Like a bitter lunatic? Probably not, right? Don't idolize this kind of craziness. 

We should ALL be feminists. There are real issues that half the worlds population deals with. Violence, unequal pay, etc - it all starts with the attitudes we put out into the world. It's not "us vs. them". 

You do know there are lots of women out there who do not want to be feminists right? Not being a feminist does not mean you want to be beaten or on unequal pay. Quite the opposite in fact.



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword

you know how i know its not fabricated... go to any popular video game reporting site/blog - navigate to the comment section of a Sarkeesian article and you'll have your answer right there. They are all fueld with hatred, violence, sexism and disgusting attitudes towards women. 

and i repeat - people have not been able to be grown up enough to address the issues she brings up head on. Instead they attack her personally. It's super lame 



run away! 

champybh said:

Madword

you know how i know its not fabricated... go to any popular video game reporting site/blog - navigate to the comment section of a Sarkeesian article and you'll have your answer right there. They are all fueld with hatred, violence, sexism and disgusting attitudes towards women. 

and i repeat - people have not been able to be grown up enough to address the issues she brings up head on. Instead they attack her personally. It's super lame 

Just because the internet is full of hate and idiots, does not mean no one is above reproach. Surely you know that right?

Just as a simple example...Let me remind you of a case on something like Kickstarter, where a transgender person was asking for money because they had had a car crash and they were dying of blood posioning. People started putting up funds to support her, and obviously there were idiots, and there were some reasonable people on there as well. The reasonable people were drowned out by the crazies. What happened, the person was found out they lied about the metal posioning/accident and the money was just for a transgender op.

So I guess what I am saying is, just cause there are total muppets on the internet, does not make *Anyone* above reproach. If you feel they are, then you are part of the problem.



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

It was just exaggerated. Same for Quinn, who received "very serioous threats" and showed up in public 2 days later.



Around the Network

Of course not, but these fake claims are not being reported by any reputable news source whatsoever. By giving them validity is no better than being on the level of a conspiracy theorist.  

How can you equate Sarkeesian with the transgender car crash person?? She has been delivering on her promises to her backers for content. No scam there. She got the money and now she's doing what she said she would. 



run away! 

champybh said:

How can you equate Sarkeesian with the transgender car crash person?? She has been delivering on her promises to her backers for content. No scam there. She got the money and now she's doing what she said she would. 


She's provided content, but she promised strongly researched content, not out of context drivel.



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

champybh said:

So, Richard_Feynman 

Just so I understand this - You are saying that we should continue treating women poorly/unfairly because there are more important economic/geopolitical issues going on in the world right now. Excuse me, but come on - that's a pretty bullshitty response. If you believe in capitalism so much I would think you would applaud Ms. Sarkeesian on running a successful Kickstarter campaign. She saw demand in a topic that interested her and she followed through with it. She has marketed herself excellently , obviously, because here we are discussing her. You have to respect that. 

Enough w/ the diversion. Of course there are a lot of important things going on in the world right now. And what are we both doing... Visiting a video game website. So shut up jerk! 


Am I treating women unfairly when I;

-Treat my girlfriend with love and devotion

-Give my mother love and support

-Visit my grandma in her old-age home

-Deal with my female colleagues with equality and professional respect

?

Should I go on?

"If you believe in capitalism so much I would think you would applaud Ms. Sarkeesian on running a successful Kickstarter campaign"

You don't understand politics in the least. She's abusing socialist structures for her own monetary benefit.

Education with a healthy dose of reality will do you well (imo).



Madword said:
champybh said:

For all of you young-ins reading this thread.  Look at Richard_Feyman's comment here. Is this how you want to sound? Like a bitter lunatic? Probably not, right? Don't idolize this kind of craziness. 

We should ALL be feminists. There are real issues that half the worlds population deals with. Violence, unequal pay, etc - it all starts with the attitudes we put out into the world. It's not "us vs. them". 

You do know there are lots of women out there who do not want to be feminists right? Not being a feminist does not mean you want to be beaten or on unequal pay. Quite the opposite in fact.

Thank you.

Feminists create the opposite effect - a "special rights" solution for women. That, in effect, means they are weaker and need extra help.

The hypocrisy.

(look how Germany rose up after WWII. That's strength right there. No help needed.)



She just accuses every male gamer of being misogynists, and when someone is trying to use valid arguments to show her that she is wrong she or one of her white knights accuses that person is hates women. There is no valid discussion going on here, just extremist statements creating extremist replies

edit: and just so we are clear i don't think anyone under any circiumstance deserve death or rape-threats



Nothing to see here, move along