By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How would you make a game with a $500 million budget?

A lot of the replies seem to say it's too much money...which it kinda is.

Majora Returns:

Majora Returns would be a spiritual remake of Majora's Mask, taking advantage of the Wii U's hardware to make smart changes to the source material. This is intended to be THE argument for the Wii U's gamepad, and a crack at the RPG of the generation.

Change 1: Kafei is now Link's permanent partner, and Romani is an optional recruitable character...if you attempt the Romani Ranch sidequest, which cannot be beaten the first time; you watch Cremia die horribly.

Change 2: You have to lend Kafei items from Link's inventory, making an on-the-fly class mechanic based on who has what items equipped.

Change 3: To switch items with Kafei in battle, you have to activate a "Switch!" command from the gamepad. You use the gamepad to catch the item he throws at you, or else it falls on the ground and you have to pick it up.

Change 4: Switch! makes a bullet-time moment to make catching and throwing items easier.

Change 5: Online co-op and dungeon-parties is how this game is intended to be played. Dungeons and combat are designed with some degree of online or offline co-op in mind.

Change 6: Each time you reset time, you see a montage of your own deaths and failures. Kafei starts to have a breakdown after ten rewinds.

Change 7: Each time you rewind time, the slowdown for Switch decreases slightly.

Change 8: The art-style of the world would have very subdued colors and soft lighting, until you enter a boss fight, when the lighting becomes punishingly harsh and colors vibrant.

Change 9: More overworld content (especially co-op-able sidequests) and a bigger overworld as a whole.

Change 10: More items and equipment to make classes more variable and encourage switching.

Change 11: There will be 2 or 3 versions of most scripted events, mostly going the same places, but words or small details changed. Very few 3-day cycles would play exactly alike.

Around the Network

Not an FPS. Theres a gazillion Shooters already. Diferentiating your product is too hard.
If i were to make a game with a development team and all that money, it would be an RPG. Since those have such distinct combat systems, its easier to diferentiate the game.

$500m is too much. There are some amazing games with much smaller budgets.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his sig!

I have bad news for you...

For the record, I know that the character from his sig is a male! So, what are the bad news, RGE?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Lock Thread. The budget was not $500 million just for Destiny, so there is actually nothing to discuss.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
AZWification said:

For the record, I know that the character from his sig is a male! So, what are the bad news, RGE?

You might be gay.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

You might be gay.

LOL

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Burek said:
The game didn't cost $500 million. It is an estimate for a 10 year period.

^^^This. Unfortunately, gaming journalism didn't really pick up on that.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-budget-nowhere-near-500-million-bungie-says/1100-6420802/

I am the Playstation Avenger.