By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - As I suspected, XB1 has not only been outselling WiiU WW but ...

Are you surprised?

Shocked, though MK would hope up longer. 54 13.67%

No, I knew this would hap... 193 48.86%

Undecided, it was a close call. 148 37.47%

Total:395

I think you are talking c&*^. I mean, guys, like why do you have to hate on WiiU?

WiiU is outselling X1! Just maybe accept it!

Around the Network

Wii U can still remain second. It's certainly a big possibility.

platformmaster918 said:
Michael-5 said:

How do you know how well the XB1 is selling during Madden Week? Even if XB1 outsold the WiiU worldwide for 1 week, how can you say it "has been outselling WiiU" as in plural?

Get that bias out, XB1 is doing bad and it's struggling to do any better then the WiiU. XB1 will be up with Destiny and that 1 week where a free game comes with an XB1, October will likely be somewhat even (or favour WiiU due to the Mario Kart 8 bundle), early November XB1 should be up again because of CoD & Halo, but then late November/December (the highest volume weeks of the year) should favour Nintendo because of Smash Bros and Holiday appeal.

XB1 is not doing better then WiiU.

I think people are underestimating Nintendo's holiday appeal.  They have the cheapest console (a full $100 under both competitors) and a flurry of family titles that are relatively cheap now a number of which have Mario in them.  No doubt they'll have a lot of discounts and bundles and the prices will be very attractive to parents with little kids.  Hell my neighborhood already has 2 more WiiUs than Xbones (2 to 0 counting mine lol)

I dont know. We expected the family market to buy WiiU en mass last year. It didn't happen like it used to with previous Nintendo holidays. I'm starting to wonder if the masssive influx of smart TV's is preventing that from happening. 

I can almost see it: 

"Son, why would you need this box when you can game right on the TV we just bought?"

Just as with dedicated handhelds:

"Son, but you already play games on your phone!"

But if they do manage to appeal to the family audience this holiday, you're going to see a massive surge of WiiU sales. 

atomicblue said:
bubblegamer said:
OP, my advice is to report everyone bashing you as we all know it's against the rules to shoot the messenger, a MOD even made a thread about that.

I haven't seen any bashing in this thread, just a lot of people who disagree with OP. Including me.

I'm not surprised if XO got a boost the week of a major release. That's generally what happens. I imagine the weeks of the Halo collection and Sunset Overdrive will do similar things. Long-term, though, I don't think the XO's position looks favourable.

It still looks more favorable than Wii U.

I've said before that we should expect both consoles to get boosts, and XB1 was going to get it's games.  Wii U fans partied hard after the MK boost, declaring it the 2nd place winner, as if XB1 would never increase it's sales and Wii U would always lead.

My 8th gen collection

Incubi said:
platformmaster918 said:
Michael-5 said:

How do you know how well the XB1 is selling during Madden Week? Even if XB1 outsold the WiiU worldwide for 1 week, how can you say it "has been outselling WiiU" as in plural?

Get that bias out, XB1 is doing bad and it's struggling to do any better then the WiiU. XB1 will be up with Destiny and that 1 week where a free game comes with an XB1, October will likely be somewhat even (or favour WiiU due to the Mario Kart 8 bundle), early November XB1 should be up again because of CoD & Halo, but then late November/December (the highest volume weeks of the year) should favour Nintendo because of Smash Bros and Holiday appeal.

XB1 is not doing better then WiiU.

I think people are underestimating Nintendo's holiday appeal.  They have the cheapest console (a full $100 under both competitors) and a flurry of family titles that are relatively cheap now a number of which have Mario in them.  No doubt they'll have a lot of discounts and bundles and the prices will be very attractive to parents with little kids.  Hell my neighborhood already has 2 more WiiUs than Xbones (2 to 0 counting mine lol)

I dont know. We expected the family market to buy WiiU en mass last year. It didn't happen like it used to with previous Nintendo holidays. I'm starting to wonder if the masssive influx of smart TV's is preventing that from happening. 

I can almost see it: 

"Son, why would you need this box when you can game right on the TV we just bought?"

Just as with dedicated handhelds:

"Son, but you already play games on your phone!"

But if they do manage to appeal to the family audience this holiday, you're going to see a massive surge of WiiU sales. 

Last year the ps4/x1 just releaed. It was all anyone could talk about. The ps4/x1 console war did not let the wii u come to the spotlight. Nintendo also only released mario 3d world. This time the x1 is consider the inferior console compared to the ps4 and the wii u is releasen a bunch of games and bundles for its holiday. Just with that, the wii u has to double last years nubers. While last year all the negatives for nintendo where positive for MS. The x1 will not reach launch numbers again, so expect to see a very close match. Definetly expect the gap to remain, at the very least.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Seece said:

It's been doing it in the US alone (in my calculated opinion).

August NPD is in and WiiU has dropped back down to 60k~ with MK selling 66k software. This does not bode well for Euro sales where the title is dropping even further and has never been WiiU's stronghold.

Witch an average of 15k a week in the US, 8k in Japan, and an estimate of 10 - 13k in Europe (being less kind to Nintendo than US are) that's around 35k~ a week WW.

XB1 managed 160k+ in US but most of that boost was from Madden week, so before it was averaging same as July, around 33k a week. Take into account Europe/UK/Rest of Americas ect and XB1 is clearing 50k a week (US being 60% of market)

But now it seems with Madden, US alone is outselling WiiU WW.

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tell us about xbone outside uk?oooops wii u officially ,not only according to vgchartz has a double difference against xbone in France and Germany...LTD and YTD!Also you should give us more choices to vote...!lastly, have we ever say that wii u will outsell xbone in usa?Nope.why you re making this comparison? xbone had madden...!wii u what did  have? 31K in August of 2013---->60k in August of 2014 without a new game!even patcher was positive about wii u...

mk will help the wii u in the Holiday season again.
but why would this game have legs during the whole year?

pre Holiday is drough months for wii
not unexpected.

they Need big yoy increase for November and december

XanderXT said:
You know, I just realized that most Microsoft users have private accounts. What, they don't want to be seen posting?

haahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahhaahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaah!looool i m thinking the same;)

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Blood_Tears said:

Ahh yes, when numbers don’t serve the agenda, move on to the  “%” spin.

Wii U - 21 months on shelves in EU = 1,682,332

X1 – 9 months (staggered release) on shelves in EU = 1,226,391

I know which one I am betting on.

let me inform you, wii u in the seven monts of 2014 selling almost double regarding the previous 14 months!thank you...
so your argument isnt valid

tak13 said:
Blood_Tears said:

Ahh yes, when numbers don’t serve the agenda, move on to the  “%” spin.

Wii U - 21 months on shelves in EU = 1,682,332

X1 – 9 months (staggered release) on shelves in EU = 1,226,391

I know which one I am betting on.

let me inform you, wii u in the seven monts of 2014 selling almost double regarding the previous 14 months!thank you...
so your argument isnt valid

Uh, that isn't true at all.  It has done double what the Jan-Aug 24 sales were in 2013, but it hasn't doubled the 14 month total.