By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

tak13 said:
Welfare said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
IIRC Wii U sold 82.5 in July, + 59.7

That is 142.2 in the USA for July and August
And according to media create they sold 95.228 in those 2 months

that is 237428 in the USA and Japan for July and August
Europe and rest of the world is a mystery.

And they have one month more of sales before the quarter is over. In the last quarter they shipped 510.000 Wii Us if I recall correctly. 6.68 millions in total

I do think they have passed the 7 millions mark.

Yeah by September 31 they should just cross 7.2 million Shipped. Wii U could actually be at 6,700,000 right now.

lets assume that is really overtracked,i can accept it now!However welfare you have exaggerated,it must be around 100k-200k,think it a little better!also you re implying that shipments of the current quarter will be 520k,10k increase regarding the previous quarter!In fiscal Q1(apr-june) shipped 160k,in fiscal Q2 shipped 300k ,140 increase.You are expecting only 10k increase?...

Yeah. Hyrule Warriors and Bayo 2, plus some more sales from Europe, I think it can do about equal to MK fiscal year.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Intrinsic said:

like he said,

how many times are you gonna ignore the facts????? "4 months" (better?) does not negate total sales. You keep focusing on 4 months to spin your argument, ignoring all the sales data.........

either way... 1 month or 4 months the facts still remain. the PS4 got to 10M before the PS2. And the PS2 went onto become the best seling console of all time. 

Lets look at it another way, if you sell 300k of your console for 12 months (january to december) and end the year having sold 3.6M consoles, and I sell 50k of my console for 9 months but somehow.... I end the year (also after 12 months) having sold 5M consoles. 

Of the two of us who do you think would be regarded as more successful? How is it possible that you do not see the sense in this?

You know damn well that the comparisons aren't fair since the PS2 has had yet to launch in the majority of it's regions at that time so why don't you align the territory releases together to see how well that goes. 

And you should know comparing anything to the PS2 to descredit ps4 is risiculous. Ps2 was a monster and had little competition.

Welp vita getting discontinued next year probably. I hope we get localised japanese games even if they are digital. it's really a shame because I love the console but it's sonys fault. They are not even trying anymore

Soundwave said:

*snip*
Or in other words you might call that ... a decline. 

Sub-200k months are weak, if you have to go back to the late 90s where that was the norm, that's fine, but I think that's fairly dissapointing in the overall sense. 

Sweet baby Jesus those quote trees.

Please...just stop.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

People still arguing about PS2 vs PS4?.. They're f***ing video games! S***! There's a bazillion things in life more important than video games. You all could be doing something much more productive with your time myself included so I'm outta here. Good night VG.

Around the Network

Holy festering carp, people. There is no need for six-deep quote trees. Stop that.

Not really sure what the point of comparing consoles across eras is, to be honest. It's an entirely different environment. A comparison that seeks to draw conclusions without examining the difference in markets is, frankly speaking, kind of meaningless. There can be no permanent standard when circumstances are radically different.

??? I ama sking why you keep harping on 1-2 months and ignoring all the other facts?? LIke it selling so much faster means it hit demand much faster then 360 ps3, or even ps2 did at first? The only one defensive are you on your crusade to make ps4 look bad by bringing up the ps2, the best selling console evr lol

I haven't been impressed with PS4 sales for several months now. Not just the last 1-2. Deal with it. 

Soundwave said:

??? I ama sking why you keep harping on 1-2 months and ignoring all the other facts?? LIke it selling so much faster means it hit demand much faster then 360 ps3, or even ps2 did at first? The only one defensive are you on your crusade to make ps4 look bad by bringing up the ps2, the best selling console evr lol

I haven't been impressed with PS4 sales for several months now. Not just the last 1-2. Deal with it. 

Good for you I guess, that's a you issue, the facts are the facts though. If you have unrealistic expectatiosn that's your issue, ps4 is the second fastest to hit 10 million by a big margin.......so it's hardly weak. That's fact. 1-2 months doesn;t negate that.

Iamdavirus said:
Soundwave said:

Good for you I guess, that's a you issue, the facts are the facts though.

Yes they are, like 190k for first August (and the PS4's numbers for April, May, June, as well) are relatively weak unless you go back to the PSX/N64 era from which we don't have reliable numbers. Though even there I wouldn't be that surprised if the N64 (the second place console) managed 190k or thereabouts its first August. 

Iamdavirus said:

AGAIN, because it met demand faster then any consoel not named wii, whih you conveniently ignore......... if ps4 had a much lower launch due to supply it would be selling triple what it is not..supply and demand how does it work?

Excuses, excuses, excuses ... 

The PS4 does not have a supply issues anymore. Oh and thanks for admitting that the PS4 isn't in demand craze. You just furthered my argument as to why the PS4 isn't performing so well compared to the previous leaders ...