By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros street date broken in Japan *spoilers*

Xxain said:
There still hope for Wii U version to have more characters right?

Almost 0%

Around the Network
Xxain said:
There still hope for Wii U version to have more characters right?

Nope, Sakurai said numerous times both version would have the same roster and we're at 48 right now so that's more than enough.

Signature goes here!

Everyone except ROB is confirmed from the leak, right? I've been following the spoiler thread on TVTropes.

Just hoping for one or two more truly hidden characters.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

noname2200 said:
Wright said:
AZWification said:

Too fucking bad then! Sakurai doesn't care!

Sakurai does care. It is 3DS's hardware the one preventing Ice Climbers to be on the roster

Yeah.....
I doubt that

That is a totally unsubstantiated rumor that i have trouble believing anyway. 3DS *does* have a lower clockspeed than GC (two CPUs, yes, but one is OS-dedicated), but we're also talking 13 years of AI development techniques to reduce CPU load (not to mention that Melee was a first-gen GameCube game, so wasn't even tapping all of that 435Mhz)

Mr Khan said:
Everyone except ROB is confirmed from the leak, right? I've been following the spoiler thread on TVTropes.

No Bowser Jr. yet...is there?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

No Bowser Jr. yet...is there?

Mr Khan said:

That is a totally unsubstantiated rumor that i have trouble believing anyway. 3DS *does* have a lower clockspeed than GC (two CPUs, yes, but one is OS-dedicated), but we're also talking 13 years of AI development techniques to reduce CPU load (not to mention that Melee was a first-gen GameCube game, so wasn't even tapping all of that 435Mhz)

Maybe Nana doesn't really work as a separated AI, but as a standalone character who mimics everything player does.

Anyway, if that isn't the case, then why? Why erase them?. This is no pokemon, where they get switched to another. This is a character who had one of the most difficult Events (at least, imo) in Melee, ever.

Wright said:
Mr Khan said:

Maybe Nana doesn't really work as a separated AI, but as a standalone character who mimics everything player does.

Anyway, if that isn't the case, then why? Why erase them?. This is no pokemon, where they get switched to another. This is a character who had one of the most difficult Events (at least, imo) in Melee, ever.

Possibly just because they're not relevant anymore. It would be hard to generate more content for them, since they only ever had the one game.

Mr Khan said:

Possibly just because they're not relevant anymore.

But Duck Hunt dog is?

Wright said:
Mr Khan said:

Possibly just because they're not relevant anymore.

But Duck Hunt dog is?

Hell.

Yes.