By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Persona 5 (PS3 +PS4) become the best-selling SMT game ever?

How much do you think it will sell?

1M+ - P5's prospects look very promising 75 64.66%

800K-1M - might outsell P... 25 21.55%

600K-800K - should do oka... 12 10.34%

less than 600K - not a ch... 4 3.45%

Total:116
Anfebious said:

Yep, and thanks to that Atlus is going to milk that game to death. Expect a visual novel, a rhtym game, 2 movies, 3 anime series, a remake, merchandise, manga, and whatever Atlus can think of.

And it will be glorious and well worth all of my money.

To answer OP, yes. It should pass P4+P4G.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

With the large PS3 fanbase and the growing PS4 fanbase it'll definitely be the biggest SMT game (sales wise).

We can't really be for sure, though this one really has the biggest chance to achieve so.

Persona is a series that seems to be steadily building momentum. It will eventually get a title that will reach 1 million. Will Persona 5 be that title? Quite possibly. It's one of the first big RPGs for the PS4, and the Playstation audience is known for liking RPGs, so that helps. Persona Q might help too, possibly exposing the series to people who haven't experienced it before, and I see no reason why 3DS owners that try Persona Q wouldn't consider getting a PS4 for a home console to try Persona 5, if they don't already have a PS3.

Nonetheless, I'll remain conservative for now. I think the title will have no trouble beating Persona 4 with the combined sales of both platforms, but I don't know if it'll beat 1 mil. That said, I'm pretty psyched! This is my first Persona game that I'll be able to get at release and join in all the hype!

Undoubtedly. It'll go over a million.

Around the Network

I can definitely see it become the first million seller in the series, what might also be an interesting question is if possibly the PS4 version on its own could crack the million mark. (Japan could/should have the PS3 version higher, but the rest of the world will heavily lean on towards the PS4)

What I also hope for is some well deserved growth in Europe finally, I can't believe that I'm supposed to be one of only 40k people in Europe that own the original Persona 4.

Though that needs a timelier release here than the other games had.

But at the end of the day this game could sell less than 10 copies and I'd still know that I'll love it to death, this will probably get a permanent spot on my 10 favourite games of the gen list if not all time and other games will have an extremely hard time getting it out of there. You guys have no idea how excited I am for this.

ktay95 said:
Anfebious said:

Yep, and thanks to that Atlus is going to milk that game to death. Expect a visual novel, a rhtym game, 2 movies, 3 anime series, a remake, merchandise, manga, and whatever Atlus can think of.

Awesome, I shall buy it all =D

You are doing it wrong. You should be complaining about Atlus for milking the Persona series and leaving the SMT series alone.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
ktay95 said:
Anfebious said:

You are doing it wrong. You should be complaining about Atlus for milking the Persona series and leaving the SMT series alone.

But they're not leaving it alone. SMT4 just came out and Strange Journey was out on DS. They also released non-Persona SMT titles like Devil Survivor.

Persona is likely financing all SMT efforts. You should be glad they've found something they can use to allow them to develop other titles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Not releasing on Vita, not outselling the one that was released on Vita.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

outlawauron said:
Anfebious said:
ktay95 said:

But they're not leaving it alone. SMT4 just came out and Strange Journey was out on DS. They also released non-Persona SMT titles like Devil Survivor.

Persona is likely financing all SMT efforts. You should be glad they've found something they can use to allow them to develop other titles.

Exactly.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"