By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: Xbone vs. PS4...my anecdotal experience at Target!

chriscox1121 said:
Moonhero said:
This game is going to have great numbers. The PS4 is going to sell mad with all of those ads I see on TV. And this thing is totally sold out on the Wii U. I can't find a copy anywhere.

lol, don't rub it in.  Actually, I'm pretty ok with it since we are getting 2 smash bros. games soon (fav. game).  

Question! :3 Just for clarification, in the sales you're discussing, are you counting fulfilled pre-orders? (Assuming you guys did pre-orders for the bundle. Did you do pre-orders for the bundle? o.o ) Or are all the detailed sales 'walk ins,' so to speak?

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
Psychotic said:
chriscox1121 said:

If you reread what you initially posted then you will understand why I made that statement.  You said "if you add the 360 and PS3."  I never said "if" hence the reason for the clarification my next post on your misunderstanding.  Which is why I was further clarifying in the subsequent posts.    

You're mistaking me for someone else. Look again who said it.

nope, you added the conditional clause not me.  

chriscox1121 said:
Psychotic said:
chriscox1121 said:

If you reread what you initially posted then you will understand why I made that statement.  You said "if you add the 360 and PS3."  I never said "if" hence the reason for the clarification my next post on your misunderstanding.  Which is why I was further clarifying in the subsequent posts.    

You. Are. Mistaking. Me. For. Someone. Else. Genius.

Zanten said:
chriscox1121 said:
Moonhero said:
This game is going to have great numbers. The PS4 is going to sell mad with all of those ads I see on TV. And this thing is totally sold out on the Wii U. I can't find a copy anywhere.

lol, don't rub it in.  Actually, I'm pretty ok with it since we are getting 2 smash bros. games soon (fav. game).  

Question! :3 Just for clarification, in the sales you're discussing, are you counting fulfilled pre-orders? (Assuming you guys did pre-orders for the bundle. Did you do pre-orders for the bundle? o.o ) Or are all the detailed sales 'walk ins,' so to speak?

We didn't have preorders for the bundle only the game.  But, noone claimed their preorders at the electronics desk.  These were all walk-ins.  However, it is possible that some were redeemed at guest service.  I have no idea how many games were preordered.  I only saw a few people do over the past 3 months.  Target is doens't do alot of preorders with few exceptions (at least at this store).   

Psychotic said:
chriscox1121 said:
Psychotic said:
chriscox1121 said:

haha, quote trees messed me up.  Well, if you reread all of our posts in the light of me thinking you were the first one then my posts would make more sense. 

Around the Network
chriscox1121 said:
Zanten said:

We didn't have preorders for the bundle only the game.  But, noone claimed their preorders at the electronics desk.  These were all walk-ins.  However, it is possible that some were redeemed at guest service.  I have no idea how many games were preordered.  I only saw a few people do over the past 3 months.  Target is doens't do alot of preorders with few exceptions (at least at this store).   

All right, thanks! =D

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

chriscox1121 said:
Blood_Tears said:
chriscox1121 said:

Today at Target, surprisingly, Destiny for Xbox One (360 included) sold about even with PS4 (3 included).  As long as you don't count the bundle that is.  We had 1 person buy a Xbox One Madden bundle for the main purpose of purchasing Destiny.  However, we had 11 Destiny bundles and we sold 9 of the 11 by the time I left at 5.  Just wanted to share my experience with all those interested on the site. 

Oh btw, I scored the destiny promo poster that was sent as well.  It's close to like 5ft tall and looks pretty sweet!  Was even thinking about doing a contest for it on here (since I'm a Ninty gamer), but ended up offering it to my friend back home in Indiana.

So Destiny Xbox one equals Destiny PS4.....if you add the X360 and PS3 versions?   That's some logic..

The only reason I included it was because the sales were so minimal.  We only sold 2 for the 360, and 1 for the ps3.  

OMG! Destiny on 360 sells 100% more then PS3!!!!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

chriscox1121 said:
Psychotic said:

haha, quote trees messed me up.  Well, if you reread all of our posts in the light of me thinking you were the first one then my posts would make more sense. 

Yup, it does. My original point still stands, though.

Psychotic said:
chriscox1121 said:
Psychotic said:

not in the light of context.  

chriscox1121 said:
Psychotic said:

not in the light of context.  

Which is?